Serious computer problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
have u tired reinstalling windows has it could be boot files on the hard drive are fault n so on

I'm, not sure i see how boot files would affect his games. i could understand it if the only problem was a hard time booting the computer. but i guess you could reinstall just to "freshen" everything up.

oryt i read the recap on 3rd post about random restart, i had this problem i replaced a motherboard nd a processor, n it was fine

Actually I did make a summary of it. I think it's either my first or second post in this thread.

When are you getting your processor by the way? :)

I'm not sure the guy on here who said he was going to send it still hasen't replied to me again. :/

oryt i read the recap on 3rd post about random restart, i had this problem i replaced a motherboard nd a processor, n it was fine

i guess you haven't read it all if you still think it could be the motherboard :p ...and also.. windows would never cause shut downs like this..ever..

but I will be reinstalling when the new HD gets here.. i just hope the processor comes soon too..

windows can cause automatic shutdowns if that is how it is set, to reboot on system failure. that can be caused by even a corrupt driver. not that i think that is your problem, but just so you know. it is possible

might be the game it self if its a particular game he plays. I remember i downloaded a copied game and it kept on giving me BSOD each time i log off the game , check if the video card is seated properly as well as all the other hardware

might be the game it self if its a particular game he plays. I remember i downloaded a copied game and it kept on giving me BSOD each time i log off the game , check if the video card is seated properly as well as all the other hardware

no.. it's EVERY game, and how can it be a game when i have trouble starting up the computer just as bad as it turning off randomly.

tried the powercable, and the computer does it on any outliet.. as it was at a computer store at one point doing the same thing. i really wish i could discover the problem as I don't know if the cool fourm member has been able to send me the processor yet and i got the new hard drive in today already but friend suggested not to start installing windows on the new drive cause he doesn't think the hd is causeing the problem and it'd hurt the hd for the computer to shutdown while its trying to install drivers for the mobo and windows

There would be two places I would put my money on: Either a bad processor, or a bad or unstable power current from the outlet. Have you tried any other outlets, maybe in a diff room? I had that problem before and had an extension cord running across the hall before I could have a change to pull the drywall and rewire it.

and the only way constant restarting could damage the hdd, is if the read head got pinged off the side, or if it sent bad power to the hdd.

The last thing I can possibly think of is that maybe the motherboard is shorting to the motherboard tray.

and lastly, I've heard of this happening: have you tried any other monitors, mice, keyboard, unplugging any un-needed peripheral devices and booting? because the internal circutry could be shorting and triping something to make it restart or if your keyboard has a power button on it and it is shorting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom