HEre's the #'s. What next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just use a program called CPU-Z, and tell us what you see in the memory and SPD tabs. Such as the frequency.

spd page freq= 400mhz. timmings are 4,4,4,12

memory page freq 540mhz, fsb:dram 2:3, caslat = 5 clocks, ras to cas delay=7 / ras precharge 7/ cycle time 20 clocks

I think you should keep your FSB and RAM at the same speed. Keeping them at a 1:1, will probably be more stable.

spd page freq= 400mhz. timmings are 4,4,4,12

memory page freq 540mhz, fsb:dram 2:3, caslat = 5 clocks, ras to cas delay=7 / ras precharge 7/ cycle time 20 clocks

Oh no wonder....nagasama is right as usual. Your memory is overclocked to high, causing this instability. Lower the frequency down to the speed of your FSB, and lower the timings to it's stock 4-4-4-12.

Oh no wonder....nagasama is right as usual. Your memory is overclocked to high, causing this instability. Lower the frequency down to the speed of your FSB, and lower the timings to it's stock 4-4-4-12.

Okay so what number reflects what my frequency of my ram is? And if my ram is oc'ed to high am I going to be able to increase the FSB of the processor?

Well 540 is a huge jump from 375, for the FSB, and you're not even stable at 375 yet. So you would have to lower the RAM's frequency to 375. This would give a 1:1 ratio, and will be more stable.

Well 540 is a huge jump from 375, for the FSB, and you're not even stable at 375 yet. So you would have to lower the RAM's frequency to 375. This would give a 1:1 ratio, and will be more stable.

So why is their such a frequency difference between the two? So if I lower my Ram to 375, I should be able to increase the processor to 375? then if I choose to go further increse them both by equal mhz?

Try both the RAM and FSB frequencies at 375 first. Stress them again, with Orthos, and if everything goes well...up them together.

Try both the RAM and FSB frequencies at 375 first. Stress them again, with Orthos, and if everything goes well...up them together.

will I need to increase voltages as well? since I have the ram timmings off. or can I match the freq. at 1:1 and keep the voltage down until I am unstable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom