Wildside

Hellfire!
AMD's Fusion is a multi-die package

AMD Fusion socket secrets revealed: FM1, FM2, n FM3

AMD readies big Opteron cuts for August

and lastly,

Samsung introduces Displayport monitor, connector offers 10.8Gbps of bandwidth

Samsung's 30-inch LCD with world's first DisplayPort -- game-on HDMI - Engadget

sry if u guys dont like theinquirer.net, but i like it. AMD seems to really have confident in these Fusion processors, especially if its mulit-die. Let's just hope that AMD really pulls this off.

as for the monitor with DisplayPort, i dont see me buying it personally for my needs, but its nice to see a resolution of 2560x1600 on a 30" monitor, which can be perfect for movies lol.

The big advantage that AMD has with their MCMs is that the Hyper Transport bus is a few times faster than Intel's FSB so theoretically it has the extra speed to handle all of the extra communication going on. Of course we really wont know for sure until we see them in action, neither Intel's or AMD's bus's are being maxed out yet.

The big advantage that AMD has with their MCMs is that the Hyper Transport bus is a few times faster than Intel's FSB so theoretically it has the extra speed to handle all of the extra communication going on. Of course we really wont know for sure until we see them in action, neither Intel's or AMD's bus's are being maxed out yet.

really? i didnt know that. What do u think of AMD Fusion?

Don't worry.....

In the second half of 2008, intel will release Nehalem (the codename of their upcoming processor microarchitecture)

Nehalem will have integrated memory controllers, and it will use something called Common System Interface (it was renamed to "QuickPath" recently) instead of FSB, and it will compete with AMD's HyperTransport

Common System Interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

wikipedia is above my lexile range LOL
and thats really far away i usually don't think that far ahead as when they are released they will probably be $500+

Don't worry.....

In the second half of 2008, intel will release Nehalem (the codename of their upcoming processor microarchitecture)

Nehalem will have integrated memory controllers, and it will use something called Common System Interface (CSI) instead of FSB, and it will compete with AMD's HyperTransport

Common System Interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

interesting, i was wondering when they would get around to doing that...i think by then amd will likely have improved upon their already stellar hypertransport.
thats a long way off. these things are going to be crazy fast though by the end of next year.
i wonder if the fusion is going to be compatible with am2+/am3...the article doenst say either. :(

Nice info maroon I had no idea Intel had a new design in the pipes. As for fusion thats a question i had too. Will fusion be AM2+/3 socket compatible or is it its own platform? I was thinking that the best place fopr things like fusion would be in laptops and things like mini-itx, where having a powerful dedicated gpu with the cpu would be a huge benefit, as far as heat and power goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom