Nvidia GeForce 9800 series specs released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weren't they ditching the 768 and 320 ram for the new cards?

And if the 9800gtx ends up being twice as fast as a 8800 ultra I wouldn't be surprised if a 9800gts (lower end version) was about as fast as a ultra.

But that would be kind of crazy on Nvidia's side since they have the fastest cards already.

not with that psu it won't be. Need a 700W

Your Joking? Right?

Do you honestly believe that this Power supply could not power Sli GTX's?
Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610 EPS12V EPS12V 610W Continuous @ 40°C Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, cUL, CE, CB, TUV - Retail

If you honestly believe so, then you believe wrongly...
(Your probably fail to realize its 670 Watts Peak and 610 Watts Continious and even if it was 610 Watts Peak, it would still be enough)

Hmm, i was going to get a 8600GTS this friday. But i think i might just wait until november and get a new PSU plus a 8800GTS/X instead. I can handle a 6800 Vanilla for a couple more months i guess.

Your Joking? Right?

Do you honestly believe that this Power supply could not power Sli GTX's?
Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610 EPS12V EPS12V 610W Continuous @ 40°C Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, cUL, CE, CB, TUV - Retail

If you honestly believe so, then you believe wrongly...
(Your probably fail to realize its 670 Watts Peak and 610 Watts Continious and even if it was 610 Watts Peak, it would still be enough)

He's right, you guys don't need 700w to power SLI you just need alot of AMPS on the 12v rails.

...and that power supply has one big +12v rail of 49A, which is better suited for SLI, than double +12v rails.

This is excellent news. Hopefully now i will be able to afford the 8800GTX when the 9800 comes out.

Do you guys have any idea how much the 8800GTX will be by Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom