Some good news for B3 stepping owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freebirth

Baseband Member
Now, these are not my words, so I am not taking credit for them. But this should take the weight off of some of your poor shoulders.

just to introduce a teeny tiny bit of reality in the situation.

on release, the Q6600 has a WORST SITUATION of 105W's. ok in intels case its a percentage of the actual theoretical maximum based on their "average" usage numbers. but thats a constant method/percentage anyway.

but 6 months ago, the worst chips about wouldn't break the 105W, they have to be a little conservative aswell so even the worst chips are unlikely to actually hit 105W on the dot. either way, the process becomes older, they find new ways to tweak yields up a little, quality of chips increases, the wattage decreases a little further with every little trick they find. over several months they get the wattage down , after 4 months a few chips but not many actually run with 95W, but still the worst ones are at 101W's. another few months later and the worst chips are doing 95W now. so what do they do, its time to remarket and rebrand, its their low cost quad core, dell and other people want to hit the sub 100W mark to go in cheaper computers so they call the new stepping G0 and its rated at 95W now.

not all use 95W, some are still better. but its not as if, they walk in one day and stay, stop production on those B3's all using 105W's, we'll use this brand new G0 at 95W. they simply change the numbers they put on the cpu after they hit the point where no more chips were over 95W. in all likelyhood the last month or two of b3's have mostly been sub 95W aswell.

Seems like a good possibility that this is the truth, minus some of the poor grammar.

Now, these are not my words, so I am not taking credit for them. But this should take the weight off of some of your poor shoulders.

Seems like a good possibility that this is the truth, minus some of the poor grammar.

I read that post too when i was searching for how to find out if its g0 or not. Still thought I'm going to strive to get a g0 processor, cause like i said before, i haven't waited this long to pay +50 dollars

Well, there are still places where you can buy for sub-300 to 300, NCIX.com being one of them, but some you are guaranteed to get a b3, some are left more to chance. But you can get them for cheaper than newegg, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom