Oh my gawd...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have noticed this, when I had my old setup (7600GT with 1GB 667) I scored 2057 in the CPU score and with this setup I score 1449. I feel the CPU is the culprit, temps are too high.

beefcake has an E6600
ALSO you have to give the paste a while before it sets in nice and good
give it a day or two and it should start working better
i would do that before reseating it

in that case his score is about 2000 too low compared to my defective 8800 gtx and a stock e6600 with no thermal paste to speak of...( no longer have this computer btw, I returned it to build one myself )

This is the before results:

test_before.jpg

And this is the after:

test_after1.jpg

(sorry about the quality, they got downsized when I uploaded)

WTF, I switched back to my 1GB 667mhz stick and I scored 8454 marks. In my cpu score it got 1512 marks and with my 2GB it got 1449. I think I have some BIOS things I need to change. The power saving works with this stick but with the G.Skill it didn't maybe I can fix it.

Also CPU-Z was saying that my 2GB was running in 2T timing, I thought running 2 sticks in dual channel would put it at 1T timing?

Well, I tightened my timings on my G.Skill from 5-5-5-15 to 4-4-4-12, and runs stable. I'm about to run 3dMark06 again.

With 2x 1GB of DDR2 800 with 4-4-4-12 timings I scored 8403 marks. With 1x 1GB of DDR2 667 with 5-5-5-15 timings I scored 8454 marks. This seems odd to me.

I put the sticks in slot 1 and slot 3, isn't that how it's supposed to be setup? Is it possible to run DDR2 in 1T? If so what would the bios option would be?

slots depend on your motherboard. most are every other slot but there are certainly some that use adjacent slots.
your ram will run at 2T stock. you will most likely not be able to overclock it too much at 1T.
i dont know your bios, so i cant say where it is. it should be under "command rate" or something similar.

Only certain ram, will run 1T, I know that my OCZ Titanium will and does according to CPU-Z

Try running Aquamark 3 and tell us how you score.

That is much for cpu dependent is a good indicator of processor performance.

-aspire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom