Installing XP on ACER Travelmate 6219

Status
Not open for further replies.

clever_j

In Runtime
Hi guys

my friend bought an ACER TRavelmate 6291

the darn thing usually comes with windows vista, and he hates it.. so he ordered one without an operating system.. bought an xp home software and asked me to set it up..

at first boot the laptop had a Linux type operating system..

i tried to setup XP over it... it setup disk says:

Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer

so i figured maybe it's because of the linux type file system.. so i reformatted the hard drive using partitionmagic on HIREN's BOOT CD v9.. so it's now completely NTFS..

but trying windows XP setup again, it gives the same error

Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer

i dont get it.. the disk is there..it can be detected by all the hd tools in hiren's boot cd..but why cant windows xp setup see it?

please help. this is rather urgent coz he's leaving for thailand tomorrow..

Hi guys

my friend bought an ACER TRavelmate 6291

the darn thing usually comes with windows vista, and he hates it.. so he ordered one without an operating system.. bought an xp home software and asked me to set it up..

at first boot the laptop had a Linux type operating system..

i tried to setup XP over it... it setup disk says:

so i figured maybe it's because of the linux type file system.. so i reformatted the hard drive using partitionmagic on HIREN's BOOT CD v9.. so it's now completely NTFS..

but trying windows XP setup again, it gives the same error

i dont get it.. the disk is there..it can be detected by all the hd tools in hiren's boot cd..but why cant windows xp setup see it?

please help. this is rather urgent coz he's leaving for thailand tomorrow..

sata hd?

ah yes i've just read an article about new sata drivers for XP os.. specially for notebooks that were designed for vista..

im trying out some solutions..

but please feel free to drop in and give advises..

You will need to go to the manufacturer's site and get the make and model of he mobo. From there you have to google for SATA drivers for that mobo. Then use nlite to insert the SATA drivers into the setup.

After that it should work.

I'm only guessing, but your chips et was probably made by intel. if this is the case, follow the link below. I've done this same exact thing for my PC and it works no problem. Download Software, Drivers and Utilities Filters

Select the operating system that you are going to put on the computer. and hit go.

Select the first driver available as it'll be the most recent. take the time to read the readme file, it will explain how to extract the file and put it properly onto a floppy. (if it isn't done properly it wont work) also double check that the file you are going to copy to floppy contains the proper files. again read the readme file it will show you. Then when you put the windows disk in press F6 to add then follow the prompts to load the driver from your floppy's. i think it uses 4- 6 floppy's. any other quetions or problems getting your correct driver just PM me. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom