HEre's the #'s. What next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indobos

In Runtime
Okay so I ran the system for 5 hours. Full load on Orthos. Mobo @ 38C, cpu @ 42c, Core 1 @ 51C, core 2 @ 52C. 350mhz, Vcore @1.3525. Should I try to run up the bus or should I kick in some more volts. Then attempt to increase bus? or am I getting the temps too high?

temps are just fine.
i'd see how far i could go with that voltage, and go up if need be.
with those temps you have quite a bit of headroom.

What would you say is the most temps I want to see at full load? So if I increase the bus speed and wont boot or is unstable start to ramp up the power?

What would you say is the most temps I want to see at full load? So if I increase the bus speed and wont boot or is unstable start to ramp up the power?

Lower the speed then test for stability. Then if you want to go faster, then give it more juice. Temps are good, but how are your core temps so much higher than your CPU temp? My CPU, Core 1, and core 2 temps are almost the same.

What processor is that?

EDIT: nevermind about the processor...I just saw it in your sig. Your computer is similar to mine by the way.

The most you would want to see, is 60-65C on load. If Orthos is running fine at 350, at 1.3525v, go to 375 and test Orthos again. If it's not able to post or it's unstable, during Orthos....bump up the voltage one more notch, and re-test again.

okay so I bumped up the voltage to 1.3625 @375 mhz and no boot. just would post then would blue screen adn dump. so i upped the voltage 3 times total to 1.3825 @ 375mhz and still no boot to windows. I dropped the voltage back to 1.3625 and 365mhz. and am going to run orthos for the night. why san I not get to 375mhz? Do I need to kick up the voltage that much to get 375mhz to work? what is the max voltage to give to the CPU? I don't want to fry anything. **** orthos stopped as I was writing this. gonna kick up the voltage again see what happens. please post any opinions.

how is your ram set up(speed, voltage, divider, etc)? that would be a (very) likely cause for it not booting even though you are upping the voltage of your cpu. your ram may be maxed out.

I think it would be better, if he had a 1:1 FSB and RAM ratio, correct? That's what I always try to do. Although now, I'm at a 4:5..

indeed that would keep his ram under stock(till fsb of 400 obviously), and probably give the cpu more headroom.
i can almost guarantee that his ram is overclocked too much.

What info on the ram do you need? how can I tell its being overclocked? what do I need to change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom