Upgrading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, they all look like great ram, but I'm in the market for 2x2gb. Do you know of any 2X2GB ram that overclocks really well?

the 2x2gb should be pretty much the same as the 2x1gb.
if it was me, i would get 4x1gb if i wanted 4 gigs. that way, if something goes wrong with one stick (part of a 2 stick set), you can return the bad set and still have ram. with 2x2gb you'd have to return all of you ram. i just think like that. plus, and i have no idea if this is true, i have heard that 2gb sticks wont overclock as well as 1gb sticks. and that could be juct a nasty rumor, i have never investigated it.
also, you dont see too many 2x2gb kits. 4gb is still considered an extraneous amount of ram, so they are relatively rare. i would just get two 2gb kits of the same stuff at the same time and they should be the same batch.

Yeah I caught the 3 rams mention, but which of the 3 sets?

$79.99 - Crucial Ballistix is SLI ready. I'm not going to have a SLI system, would that matter?
$129.99 - G.SKILL HZs look nice and I've heard alot about them.
Which of the XMS2s are you talking about?

They all look like superb ram. Which do you think would work the best with my system? System specs are in an above post.

Thanks for your help guys, I appreciate it alot!

You can use SLI products even if you don't want to run SLI mode. SLI products are there to give you the option to upgrade (if you want) in the future, but I wouldn't recommend it because of the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom