Nvidia GeForce 9800 series specs released

Status
Not open for further replies.
well.................so much of me having to wait for the HD 2900 XTX to come out. Maybe something might turn up, who knows.

i better send an email to my friend about this. Next-Next-Next generation of gaming, here i come!!! lol

1GB GDDR4?

GDDR5 (Graphics Double Data Rate, version 5) is a type of graphics card memory. It will be the successor to GDDR4. It is currently in its design state, and is reported by several online technology press sites to be available as first samples in mid-2007. GDDR5 products will supposedly be available in late 2007.

Despite the late 2007 suggested launch, given the state of the Graphics industry at this time it appears more likely to see a launch further into 2008.

**** i thought the 9XXX series would be GDDR5, since the ATI had some sort of exclusivity on GDDR4(not really), well I always wondered why Nvidia wasnt using t3h GDDR4, I thought they would just skimp it and go GDDR5, unless the HD2900xtx will use GDDR5, maybe thats what they are waiting for 0_o?

oh man just what i've been waiting for. only 3 more months.. and now that crysis got pushed back to nov its perfect, my 7900gs will serve me fine till then.

i know they havent used GDDR4 yet, because ATI was the one using GDDR4 at the time, but when the g80 series came out with the same GDDR3 i tohught they would just skip it and go GDDR5, would a 2900xtx1gb GDDR5 be comparable to a 8800GTX Ultra?

If you can afford a 9800gtx you might just wait, but the 9800 might be like the new processors. The high demand in the beginning would make the prices higher than expected for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom