WinXp sudden restarts while working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackzubi

Solid State Member
Hi all,
three days ago, I noticed that my PC at work is behaving weirdly. I was working (exactly while copying files) and suddenly restarts without prompting or any warning. it happens 3-4 times a day. Once it's coming back to the desktop, it says something like: "The system has recovered from a serious error" and I see a filename in the temp directory with an .xml extension (sysdata or something like).
I have Norton Av 2005 installed and I work both with Corel 11 and Photoshop, even while trying to have a backup with my external HD, it just restarts, just like this!! what is your opinion...?
I tried one thing but I'm not sure it's really the thing: I went Services.msc and stopped all services (almost all) related to NAV, had my backup, worked without any interruption, should it be? if so, i must uninstall it. i'll try it and see what happen.

thanX for reading!
Blackzubi

Check your fans etc could be a heat issue.

I don't think my friend, i checked the fan speed and the cpu temperature from 3 ways at least, everything is fine, briefly it is not an hardware problem, i'm quiet sure. maybe you have another proposition?

thanx anyway to try to help :)

Blackzubi

I don't think my friend, i checked the fan speed and the cpu temperature from 3 ways at least, everything is fine, briefly it is not an hardware problem, i'm quiet sure. maybe you have another proposition?

thanx anyway to try to help :)

Blackzubi

Not sure if this will help but, if that happened to me I'd try

1. I'd try defragging
2. Turn on computer let it go to windows not try copying anything just hit restart computer and see if it doesn't clear the glitch.

3. If neither work I'm not sure but, hey I tried :)

Go to my computer properties and in the advanced tab go to startup and recovery and uncheck restart on errors, now if it happens youll get a blue screen and you can search the error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom