making xp legal

Status
Not open for further replies.

pendo007

Baseband Member
i have a illegal copy of xp pro on my machine now but i just bought a fully licensed version this past weekend. can i make the version i have legal without reinstalling the entire os? What are the steps to get this machine legal?

The difference with the Legal and Illegal copies are much different. You can't get the updates or download anything that has the Varified file check from M$. Or is there a way around that?

i always felt slightly odd using a pirated operating system... like it wasnt really mine... my advice is to just pay for a copy. itll save you loads of time and hastle to just buy a copy and forget about it. youll find all sorts of weird stuff happens with a pirated version. i had a pirated copy of vista, then i got a nVidia motherboard and somehow it tweaked that vista wasnt legit, even though i had applied all the patches and stuff.

i always felt slightly odd using a pirated operating system... like it wasnt really mine... my advice is to just pay for a copy. itll save you loads of time and hastle to just buy a copy and forget about it. youll find all sorts of weird stuff happens with a pirated version. i had a pirated copy of vista, then i got a nVidia motherboard and somehow it tweaked that vista wasnt legit, even though i had applied all the patches and stuff.

I feel you.

I know someone that uses xp pro corp edition and has been able to apply all win updates. IE7, MP11 among others.

The bottom line is buy a legit version of the OS. It can save you some headaches.
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom