Nvidia GeForce 9800 series specs released

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
G92 will be released in November 2007 timeframe in the form of "GeForce 9800" series.

"G92" GeForce 9800 GTX specs.

- 65nm process technology at TSMC.
- Over one billion transistors.
- Second Generation Unified Shader Architecture.
- Double precsion support (FP64).
- GPGPU native.
- Over one TeraFLOPS of shader processing power.
- MADD+ADD configuration for the shader untis (2+1 FLOPS=3 FLOPS per ALU)
- Fully Scalar design.
- 512-bit memory interface.
- 1024MB GDDR4 graphics memory.
- DirectX 10.1 support.
- OpenGL 3.0 Support.
- eDRAM die for "FREE 4xAA".
- built in Audio Chip.
- built in tesselation unit (in the graphics core"
- Improved AA and AF quality levels

Pros.

65nm process will allow for better yields and better power consumption. power consumption will be lower than that of a GeForce 8800 GTX.

GeForce 9800 GTX will be over two times faster than a GeForce 8800 Ultra in real world games and applcations.

Release date : November 2007. There will be TWO products at launch: The flagship GeForce 9800 GTX and the second fastest GeForce 9800 GTS.

price for the GeForce 9800 GTX will be 549-649 USD.

price for the GeForce 9800 GTS will be 399-449 USD.

Source

Hmmm I wonder how well this will serve to push down the price of the 8800GTX. I really hope that it gets pushed down to GTS levels.

The irritating thing about that source is that it contains alot of good stats, but it dosent actually say the number of stream processors...

Well, i doubt it will be 2x faster (normally the go up by about 60%) but sound promising.

Well i know what my next upgrade is, and now i know the month :)

65nm process will allow for better yields and better power consumption. power consumption will be lower than that of a GeForce 8800 GTX

YEAH! That means my PSU will suffice and it will probably generate less heat!!!! I'm definitely dropping the cash for this one so I can maximize the **** outta all the games coming out in fall.

Wow and I expected prices to be up in the 700's. My 8800GTX will do, but maybe this time around next summer the 9800GTX's will be down in the 500's and I'll get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom