Quiet fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashogun

(>-_-)>
My Thermaltake case fans produce more noise than I would like. I would like to leave my computer overnight but with the noise at the moment, sleeping is impossible. I have no knowledge of recommended silent fan models.

Are there any 120mm fans designed to perform quietly that you guys would recommend.

bigger fans push more air thru with less rpms which brings down the noise and changes pitch so instead of whistling hi pitchu ll hear quiet humming noise that is barely notticeable at low or medium speeds keepin ur pc dust free also helps since fans dont have to work as hard to keep everythin cool

Get the scythe flex fans. They're about 15 bucks a pop but they are pretty much the highest performance fans on the market when it comes to sound vs air moved.

Newegg.com - Scythe S-FLEX SFF21D 120mm Case Fan - Retail

I have one on my TR ultra-120 and you cant hear it over my power supply.

Woops thats the 800 rpm fan, i actually have the 1600 rpm model.

This fan may be very quiet but only moves half the air of the thermaltake i mentioned. the one i mentioned runs at a noise level of 16 dba which is quiet enough to sleep to. as long a your PSU and other fans fall within the same noise range. if you only have one quiet fan and the others are louder then you're not doing yourself any justice.

Antec Tricools are my favorite out of silent case fans because I own numerous models (Silent Cat, S-Flex, Coolermaster, Thermaltake, Silverstone, etc) and out of all of those I solely recommend them. You can adjust it to your liking (speed vs noise output) and Antec is honest about their cfm and dB rating. Unlike SilenX and the thermaltake silent cat.

Newegg.com - Antec 761345-75024-0 120mm Blue LED Case Fan - Retail

I second decibaL suggestion. The Tricool gives you 3 options : H , M , L. They for you can change the speed of the fan. When I go to sleep at night, I usually just change it to L, since there isn't really a need to put it on H because I'm not even using the computer. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom