First time building.. Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'll spend the extra money and go with the build b1gapl gave me.

Only thing that I'm still not sure on is network cards. Think I'm set on everything else.

You won't need a network card, because the motherboard, already has an ethernet port.

Okay. I use wireless anyways. So I'll just buy another adapter.

Last question I think, maybe. What's better, Vista or XP? Like based off of my computer and my likes being mainly gaming, which one should I go for?

Okay. I use wireless anyways. So I'll just buy another adapter.

Last question I think, maybe. What's better, Vista or XP? Like based off of my computer and my likes being mainly gaming, which one should I go for?

Well you can play most of the games already out maxed even in Vista so if you were worried about that, don't be. Both OS will run everything you throw at it fine but it comes down to choices/what you like or really want e.c.t.

I really can't said to you go with 'x' or 'y' OS because I haven't use Vista much, give it a try is not as bad as many people said it is.

seagate is the way to go, i don't think western digital even compares. Also good call on the motherboard, the ASUS just isn't up to par with what's out there. Everyone has been talking about this arctic cooler 7 Pro, it must be hot

Linksys is one of the best for wireless networking. D-link is a little cheaper, but i would reccomend linksys to anyone installing wireless adapters. i run it personally and always encourage my clients to buy linksys.

I would go with vista if i were you. if you are getting a DX10 card you may as well, that and someone commented on if XFX are still crap? I got an xfx 8800GTX and haven't had any problems with it @ all, but before i built this computer i never really took any notice of other companies and their past, lol. it was either this one or the asus one, and this one was $10 cheaper and looked cooler, haha

VISTA, dont believe all the crap you read, ive had it since february and have had 0 problems

So is 2 gigs of the Ballistix RAM going to be good for gaming and running vista? How much more memory does vista take up than XP?

And is the 8800gts a DX10 card?

2 gb is enough for gaming and vista, i'd suggest vista home premium
and yes the GTS is dx10
but in november a 9800gts will be $400 if you wanna save up for that
it'll be a beast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom