I"m comin out of retirement for Car Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricB

Chillin Techie
there was this guy from cleveland who came to a car show here in a honda truck. he 3 soundstream components set in each door (4). he had a thousand watt soundstream amp on each door. he had 2 15's with a thousand watt amp on each one.

everybody and their mother came to my house and told me that this guy got me on my mids and highs. I had retired from the music game years ago, but they Couldn't let it go. I guess that they thought highly of my vehicles.

I'm coming out of retirement now (for a little while anyway). I'm doing this to prove a point. I'm to lose a lot of my front stereo image, but so what. I'm going to make another concert of wheels. I post the picture later on today of my truck. I should have the finishing touches done by tomorrow. this was a 3 1/2 week project.

the inside diagram of my new mids and high box. I'm using TB mids, Crunch tweeters and audibahn 8's with 2 jbl gti 800's in the back

highsboxdiagram2.jpg

my eclipse deck

MyBlazer-1.jpg

my high box with with my rockford fosgate ti15004 pushing it. this is the world's most powerfulest high's amp.

All Power series amps feature:
1/0 AWG inputs for power and ground connections
AMPHONAL audiophile C clamp speaker connections
4 Oz copper traces (2 - 3 times thicker than standard)
Stealth connections with removable cover to protect and hide connections and wires
12 or 24 DB per octave variable crossovers. These allow for the highest sonic purity, and the most adjustability!
TO-247 Mosfet output transistors. 60% more thermal dissipation than standard TO-220 outputs found in most amps
M.E.H.S.A. Maximum Efficience Heat Sink Application radically lowers thermal impedance of internal components
Aerospace grade double sided FR4 - 4 oz PC boards give over 100% more current capacity than standard circuit boards
• Specs:
• RATED POWER OUTPUTS:
• 125 Watts x 4 RMS @ 4 ohm
• 250 Watts x 4 RMS @ 2 ohms
• 375 Watts x 4 RMS @ 1 ohm
• 750 Watts x 1 RMS @ 2 ohms
• ACTUAL POWER OUTPUTS AS MEASURED BY ROCKFORD
• 326 Watts x 2 RMS @ 4 ohms
• 501 Watts RMS x 4 @ 2 ohms
• 609 Watts RMS x 4 @ 1 ohms
• 1218 Watts RMS x 2 @ 2 ohms
• THD < .08
• S/N ratio > 80 DBA @ 2 vrms
• 12 / 24 Db per octave x crossover 40 Hz - 400 Hz adjustable
• 12 DB infrasonic filter @ 27 hz
• Dimensions 2.6" H x 33" L x 23" w

MyBlazer2.jpg

phoenix gold passive Crossver. I got the phoenix gold's titianium elite component set that use morel speakers in the front doors and vifa's in the back.

MyBlazer3.jpg

my workaholic battery, 200 amp solenoid and 15 farad cap

MyBlazer4.jpg

Lightbulbs for tweeters to stop them from blowing
MyBlazer5.jpg

back picture. jbl gti 8 and kove Armageddons
MyBlazer6.jpg

another view
MyBlazer7.jpg

Earthquake shredder for my subs.
MyBlazer8.jpg

i love the highs box. Very well designed inside. I would love to hear it.

How do you have it networked? Internal crossover or separate terminals per crossover section? It looks like you have them individually wired since there isn't a x-over in the schematic.

I order two 18db 5,000hz crossover from parts express for the tweeters that will be here tomorrow. I needed super high powered passive crossver. I usually use active crossover but the 4 channel amp (I usually run 8 channels on my mid and highs) limits that. I also ordered to 100 watt stereo L pads. now I have the tweeter crossover at 6400hz@ 6db per octave and the mids running 400 hz to 5,000hz. the 8's handle everything below that. my son's friend drew that diagram as I didn't know how, so I left the crossover out

Parts Express:Eminence PXB:5K0 High Pass Crossover Board 5,000 Hz

I don't know what part of cleveland. Funny thing, I called one on my 2 friend who had pictures of it. DJ wise pointed out that's it is on the computer that is at my house. he wanted me to fix a couple of things on it.

here are the pictures.

AHonda1.jpg

AHonda2.jpg

AHonda3.jpg

AHonda.jpg

nice ericb. wish you could do my car too :D
thx

whoever owns that car knows how to waste a whole lotta money. nice work! lol

Good lord! That is killer. I think my 2 12" Kicker Comp CVR's with a 1000W Baja Amp hits hard, but I can't imagine what your truck is like.

I hope you listen to rap when you ride in that thing.

* On a side note, I guess we have some Northern-Ohioan's on TF. I'm about 45-50 Min. from Cleveland. Cedar Point? I'm about 15 min. from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom