Hard Drive may be DAMAGE, trying to get data off an old hard drive. help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he moved recently, so maybe it got damaged from the moved. But he probably kept it in his computer. He doesn't know a lot about computers and I would doubt that he removed the hard drive from the computer. But I have moved my computers many times and never hard them got damaged. Any way he could have gotten it damaged at all?

he can't access windows i guess. And when i plug it in as extra hard drive it doesn't show it as anything as a hard drive with a letter with no space in it and it's just blank.

I think the HDD is shorted out. have you opened any plates on the HDD and messed with anything.... touched the HDD without a static resistant wrist band you may have shocked it when you had a static charge and it killed the HDD thats possibly why its not letting him in and thats prolly why your bios isnt detecting it...... but it did work before it started doing this? you had Windows already installed correct?

sorry for my poor english every one. it's not native to me. Windows was installed correctly and working for a long time. My computer see the hard drive and a signs a letter to it, but when click on shows no digitals space or any amount used on the hard drive. It's a hard drive with nothing in it. If you click on it, it says something like the drive wasn't formatted correctly or something.

I have never opened the hard drive and messed with the disk instead. I doubt he has ever done that too. But i can asked.

In response to saladfork, my computer can see the hard drive and like i said before assign a letter to it. so, that means my BIOs are setup correctly.

the hard drive is actually seagate. ^_,^ thanks a ton man, would you happen to know if seagate's seatools is better "data back"?? you know, because it's seagate's program or their best choice.

Native isn't native to me either, so don't worry about it.

Use get data back for NTFS to recover the data. Then try the seatools to check the disk for errors.
If it does find defect sectors it can sometimes repair them. I wouldn't suggest running on a disk you've had to repair, but it's better than nothing.

First get the data, then attempt the repair with seatools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom