How much for a CSS playing computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
im not sure you'd want an 8800gtx for just a CS:S build. I mean the rig in my signiture plays on top graphics, with high FPS, and im using an x850 xt. I would suggest an 8800gts.

Yeh, im looking towards the 8800 GTS rather than the GTX.
May even go with the 7900GTX.

You do not need an 8800 to play cs:s on full. You could use a 7900gs, or an 8600gts, and it would be more than enough for that resolution. I bet you could use an 7600 or an 8600gt and it would still work amazingly. I use integrated geforce something or other and I play it fine.

7900GTXs are usually more expensive from what i have seen
i 7900GS if your low on money and then an 88GTS 320 if your not

CSS is a really easy game to run, my 7600GT handled it excellent, if you want all the extra stuff 7900GS would probably do it, or a 8600GTS. Although the 8800GTS is an awesome card, but overkill for just C:SS

why do you want 100 frames a second? there is no point, your screen will only display 60 frames a second anyway. and you would probs only need a 320mb 8800gts, not a 640 to get that. also you wouldn't need a CPU as good as dashogun is suggesting, that would be way overkill imo. you could probably get away with a really crap CPU that isn't even dual core! my mate plays his CSS on full settings with like a 7600GT i think... with a 3ghz P4, but that is @ 1280x1024, which is probably around the same pixels anyway. seriously, you dont need an amazing computer to run CSS really well.

If you are getting an 8800gts then a matching cpu would probably be around e6400 or something. there's my 2 cents.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Although i want to be able to play CSS maxed out.

I want the computer to be able to play other games like BF2142, Unreal 3 and Crysis, im just im not as bothered about playing them on max graphics.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Although i want to be able to play CSS maxed out.

I want the computer to be able to play other games like BF2142, Unreal 3 and Crysis, im just im not as bothered about playing them on max graphics.

Well in that case you would definately want tp go with a higher end system now. Unreal 3 and Crysis will be very demanding, i mean the will play on a lower end rig, but not well i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom