How much for a CSS playing computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingCobra

Solid State Member
Hiya guys and gals.

I would very much appreciate any input from anyone on this.

First of all, am i right in saying its cheaper to buy computer parts seperatley then building the computer yourself, rather than buying a ready made computer from say Dell?

Second of all, im looking to buy a new PC, as i only have a Dell laptop with Intergrated graphics and its not great for games. I have some basic knowledge of computer components. I know about CPU's, RAM and have some knowledge on graphics cards, but have no idea about all the other stuff, like power supplies and all the other bits and bobs i have to buy.

Could you guys give me a rough figure as to how much a computer would cost that could run Counter Strike Source on top graphics, all extra settings enabled at a resolution of 1400x900.
And still maintain an FPS of above 100fps for 8-16 player games. And prefrably no lower than 60fps for big 32 v 32 player games.
I realise that you would probably need quite an impressive machine to run that. But do you guys know the cheapest price i could get that for (in GBP £). And would you mind giving me a rundown of all components i would need.

Would really appreciate any input from anyone.

Thanks.

Here's a rundown of the system I just assembled.

8800GTX (this will definitely do what you want)
If the 8800gtx is too expensive look at the 8800gts 320MB or 640MB

Gigabyte DS3R motherboard
G.Skill 2GB ram
Corsair 520HX power supply

Processors you can look at the intel q6600, e6850, e6750. hard drive/dvd drive you probably can swap out of an old PC

My build costed around 1400-1500 dollars.

Building your own computer is cheaper than buying a prebuilt one (Dell).

yes, I do. There's one (if you live in the US) called oldegg.com and liondirect.com...lol jk...newegg.com and tigerdirect.com.
I hope you know to type the second pair of links instead of the first.

Yeh i do live in the UK.

The UK sites ive been on are really expensive though.

An EVGA GeForce 8800GTS 640MB is £280 which is $577.

Im thinking it may be cheaper to buy from a US site and get it shipped to the UK as the US prices seem a lot cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom