old system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Everything to Nothing
just picked up a system of a friend, motherboard looks in a bad way, there was crusty brown stuff on some capacitators and they looked swollen, is this system safe to use?

Nope I doubt it would be safe to use. Can you post a pic of the brown stuff you are referring to??

brown stuff as in... built up smoke residue over the years by people who smoke while using the computer or brown stuff as in caked on dust?

i could pick the brown stuff off so it may be crusted on, i cant post a pic of it coz i've picket it off soz, i doubt it was dust as it was on swollen capacitators but then again they didnt seem to be leeking or whatever they do

thats kind of gross dude lol.
how old is that computer? thats..wow. haha. It amazes me that even computer illiterate people don't think to clean out the computer every now and then.

Why would they think about it? They don't clean any of their other electronic devices.

He didn't buy that in a computer shop in church stretton did he? because when I was down there over the weekend same specks on that computer was £500

no its a packard bell so im assuming she brought it from their site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom