Cloning hard drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandingo

In Runtime
I put another hard drive on my computer and want to clone my old drive to it. They are both sata 2 hard drives. But for some reason when i open my computer it only shows the one hard drive that has windows and everything on it. It dont show the one I added. I went into bios and auto detected the new hard drive and it shows it, but still wont show up when I open my computer. All I see it the one drive :C. How do I get my computer to list both of them so i can clone my old one to my new one?

Biostar TF7025
AMD 64 X2 3600+

cloning or slaving?

either way, i've had this same problem. Make sure that the SATA port that the second hdd is hooked up too is infact turned on.

i battled the same problem for about a week and never thought to check to see if the port was enabled :)

I am trying to clone it. i have a program to do it for me. The 2nd hard drive shows up on bios and on device manager, just dont show up in my computer, just shows drive C: Any other suggestions? Do I have to format it before it shows up in my computer? I was under the impression all I had to do was hook it up and clone from one hardd rive to another. But obviously cant do that if its not showing up under my computer.

No, a format shouldn't be necessary. hmm...you might be able to try it if you go into safe mode under the admins account. that MIGHT work. idk. try it :D

Tried in safe mode in adminst account and still nothing under my computer. It shows it in device manager that it is enabled and working properly, but still nothing under my computer. Anyone have suggestions?

If your BIOS shows a disk 0 and disk 1 then you should be OK unless a drive letter wasn't assigned to the new drive.

I have to put windows on it then? I think this is the problem. My hard drive is C: My CD drive is D: and my DVD drive is E:. Maybe it got confused trying to assign it a letter and it was taken?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom