ARGH!! I got the WRONG part!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how much shipping would cost for an item like a DVD burner? I might RMA... but I'm not sure if paying for shipping and getting a SATA is worth it...

Does anyone know how much shipping would cost for an item like a DVD burner? I might RMA... but I'm not sure if paying for shipping and getting a SATA is worth it...

$5-6...SATA and IDE, as of now, is not that different in terms of performance. It's just a matter if you prefer the smaller SATA cable. That's all...

On a similar note, I've had bad experiences trying to remove the flat IDE cables from devices. Basically because they are usually very tight fitting and have no where to grip them from when trying to pull them out. Maybe they are different now, but on my older system I've accidently ripped the cable from the connector trying to remove it from the device, anyone else have this problem?

On a similar note, I've had bad experiences trying to remove the flat IDE cables from devices. Basically because they are usually very tight fitting and have no where to grip them from when trying to pull them out. Maybe they are different now, but on my older system I've accidently ripped the cable from the connector trying to remove it from the device, anyone else have this problem?

lol I know what you mean... all my old computers have IDE. But no, never ripped it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom