Fx-62

Status
Not open for further replies.
there are PLENTY of reasons.
i know lots of them. being the cheapest, best performing for the money is only one of them.
gramma needs a good, solid dual core for whatever grammas do with dual cores. she wants to overclock for as little cash as possible. granny wants 3ghz.
which 60 dollar c2d hits 3ghz? none. cos there are none. dude if you tell me that a 2140 "destroys" a 3600 i will laugh in your face. if i was in your face lol. you know what i mean. money wise that is the closest c2d, and its not even a c2d. it doesnt perform any better, and it still costs more. my 3600 goes toe to toe with any allendale, i ga-rawn-tee...and i would put it in the pepsi challenge with even a 6300, which costs almost 3x as much. as a matter of fact, i'll put it up against any low-mid c2d thats not clocked any higher. i may lose, but i wount lose bad enough for me to forget to laugh about how much money i didnt spend on my computer.
these generalized statements today are driving me crazy.

lol yeah dude my "ultra low end computer" kicks the sh*t out of a lot of "high end" builds. i'll wager on that ANY day of the week.
its not what you start with, it whats you end up with. you should know that.

You do know they commonly overclock past 3GHZ, right?

since when was overclocked past 3 ghz considered high end? Not to mention the core 2 duos beat the AMDs with lower clock speeds...argue it anyway you want it, theres a reason why everyones getting intel processors for their system builds and why reviewers are raving about the core 2 duo...some people just can't let go...

If I can build a rig that, to the human eye, is just as fast, but do it for a lot less money, it makes it worth it. AMD lets me do that.

Intel has a monstrously fast CPU line out right now. But all of that speed is still hampered by what has always hampered Intel, namely the lack of an on-die memory controller. That shortcoming can slow down all that speed. Pkus, as Apok said, not all benchmarks show Intel to be the winner.

If Intel is supposed to have pulled out an AMD killer, why doesn't ALL the benchies show this? Why didn't Intel build an on-die mem controller to remove the bottleneck?

Basically, Intel is a giant, and is willing to play the same game Microsoft does. I am very thankful that AMD is fighting that tide in order to give people a choice. I am looking forward to the next gen of CPUs from AMD, as they will even up the playing field a bit.

Trotter is right AMD are better I am planing a new build that is going to use a AMD processor.

Basically, Intel is a giant, and is willing to play the same game Microsoft does. I am very thankful that AMD is fighting that tide in order to give people a choice. I am looking forward to the next gen of CPUs from AMD, as they will even up the playing field a bit.

Again right, AMD offer a choice and also they offer a better Cost to performance ratio in my experience.

And I am looking forward to the quad cores when they come out they look much better than the Intel quads.

since when was overclocked past 3 ghz considered high end?
When wasn't it considered high-end? especially for AMD.

Not to mention the core 2 duos beat the AMDs with lower clock speeds...
By how much?

Not nearly as much as people make it out to be.

argue it anyway you want it, theres a reason why everyones getting intel processors for their system builds
Everyone? really?

and why reviewers are raving about the core 2 duo...
Yeah, because it's a fast processor.

But then again, so is K8.
some people just can't let go...
I agree.
So, why is it important to you which processor we choose to buy?

Anyway, there is no way the Core 2 matches the value of a $60 AMD processor that can clock past 3GHZ.

Intel has a monstrously fast CPU line out right now. But all of that speed is still hampered by what has always hampered Intel, namely the lack of an on-die memory controller. That shortcoming can slow down all that speed. Pkus, as Apok said, not all benchmarks show Intel to be the winner.

If Intel is supposed to have pulled out an AMD killer, why doesn't ALL the benchies show this? Why didn't Intel build an on-die mem controller to remove the bottleneck?

the funny thing is, we have been arguing these EXACT points for a long time...
but the guys who say, "oh...c2d just destroys x2...oh, c2d is just sooo much better than x2....oh, there is no reason to buy an amd rig right now..."
they never respond to those advantages of amd over intel. lol they just say, "intel is better", and leave it at that. do you know why? because they have no response to those points. intel doesnt have an on-board controller because they cant make it work without using amds proprietary system, lol and obviously they cant do that. and they really dont care, because c2d is so fast. but it is definitely a weakness that will, i think, be absolutely revealed with the coming of k10.
the reason that so many people are getting c2d vs amd is because they are bombarded with media images by intel, not by amd. by you guys on this forum saying that intel is better by this huge margin lol when its better on average of like 15% for the most part...and thats on the applications that are just geared better for intels architecture, not ALL applications in use today.
like i said, the closest c2d to my 3600 costs a whole lot more. and thats important to some people, regardless of if the processor that costs 3x as much gives an extra 10fps in a game, which you cant even see.
and i wont let go, because half of the information spewed out by a lot of people around here is mis-informed, one-sided, or just plain wrong. somebody has to check that, and i volunteer to do just that. as do the other members here who aren't so afraid to concede points that are not in their arguments favor.

False. Memory bandwith, cinebench, and some game benchmarks show the K8 processors ahead.

I mean, I know the E6750 is better. But it's not better in every way. Not by a long shot.

First: I was talking about overall performance

Second: E6750 beats 6000+ in every game benchmark, just look at the review that I posted

Third: Yes E6750 is better in ever way, E6750 beats it in gaming, overall performance, power consumption and overclockabilty

Two years ago I remember that many people here were recommending Athlon64 over P4 and claiming that Athlon64 is better in every way !!!, Yet P4 was better than Athlon64 in many things like multitasking, encoding.......

Intel still doesn't have an onboard memory controller, or a quad core CPU with all cores on one die.

Who cares bout onboard memory controller ? what is its advantage ? !!

A quad core in one die !!! Who cares ?? The most important thing is the overall performance !!

If we have quad core in two dies that performs better than quad core in one die, then the quad core in two dies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom