Serious computer problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
and.. just now while reading more post another random shutdown... without doing anything spechial.. :(

I have one of those MSI boards, with an AMD 3500+ processor in it. Its just sitting in my office collecting dust.

If you want to try another processor, i'll pop out the processor and send it to you for free. Look in your PM box. :)

Did you play with the BIOS settings at all? because you could have lowered the shut down temp's.

I couldn't find in the bios about any shut down temp at all, I only found it like showing what the temps are now which I posted in page 2 I think.

Still no new ideas? .. :( ..i went to geek squad at best buy today.. it's $60 just to have them run a hardware test.. let alone how much i'd have to pay to buy new part whatever it may be... ugh.. i don't have that kind of money to throw at someone to just discover the problem. :( when they prob won't be much more help then fourms could be..

I noticed noone mentioned how to reset your bios... the easiest way to do this is to remove the battery for 10 to 30 seconds. also to check your processor for errors, if you are able to load windows use a program called Prime95 good luck!
also remove all unnecessary components IE: wireless adapters, NIC's, CD, DVD drives, while troubleshooting. this will determine if one of these is potentially creating or adding to your problem.

I noticed noone mentioned how to reset your bios... the easiest way to do this is to remove the battery for 10 to 30 seconds. also to check your processor for errors, if you are able to load windows use a program called Prime95 good luck!
also remove all unnecessary components IE: wireless adapters, NIC's, CD, DVD drives, while troubleshooting. this will determine if one of these is potentially creating or adding to your problem.

Alright I will try to find Prime95 and use it then. uhm.. i'll try to figure out how to take out the battery too as i hope that isen't to hard cause like i said myself i'm new to computers in hardware aspect but, follow directions well :p

The batter will be round and silver. Take it out for a minute and put it back in. I have had this similar issue, when I lowered the temps in the bios. You may not be seeing this option because you are "new", or your mobo doesn't support it. Do you have the mobo manual? Also to reset the processor, just take it out and put it back in.

The batter will be round and silver. Take it out for a minute and put it back in. I have had this similar issue, when I lowered the temps in the bios. You may not be seeing this option because you are "new", or your mobo doesn't support it. Do you have the mobo manual? Also to reset the processor, just take it out and put it back in.

well this is the second mobo, so i HIGHLY doubt it has anything to do with the mobo since the old mobo was still having the same problem as this one.. i'm a little nervous about this program though as it says it goes to max heat and stuff.. is there a chance this stress test will hurt it bad enough it wont turn on at all? and i won't touch the processor myself but.. this weekend i think i can get my friend over to take it out and such..

Actually that's resetting the BIOS, but since he said that it's a new board, it could be his processor. Come to think of it, I've been thinking about this thread for the past few days. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom