Best Budget Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andysan

Solid State Member
Im taking out my 9600 pro to put in my new comp, and I wanted to put in a cheap (under or equal to 40 bucks) video card in to replace it. Im not going to play modern games with it, just maybe starcraft and the like. Any recommendations

You don't even need a $40 vid. card for games like starcraft. Geforce 4 MX or a Radeon 7500 or something.

I'd sell you an ATi brand 7000 (64mb ddr) for like 20 bucks, shipping included, although im sorta saving it as a backup card...
It'll play most games up until maybe a year ago just fine... like WC3 , but not at full quality, of course.

If you want it, you can take it (For 20 bucks...)

GeForce 4 MX 440. That will play most games up until mabye three to five months ago. I saw it on Pricewatch for around $20.

im am using a geforce FX 5600 256mb GAINWORD and there like 120 buck and they work real good for me i play all the latest games on pretty good settings with pretty high frames per second just overclock it a bit and it rruns smooth and a lot better

yeah but this is going to be for a back up computer, Im using the 9600 pro in my new gaming computer

geforce 4 mx-440 is the best for the cheap price, i have one and dont like it but as the guy above said it plays any game from up to about three months ago.

whateva you do dont buy a geforce mx 440 64mb because the games now days are not supporting that card. get a GEFORCE 4 TI 4200 64mb those are about the same price and you will get better perofrmance out of it. if you ask me that is the best low budget card to get. if you pair that card up with a system w/ decent ram and decent processor you will be able to play all the latest games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom