Overclocking E6600 (stock HSF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my E6600 at 3GHz with the stock heatsink/fan and I'm running at 33*C right now as I type this, and it idles somewhere around 25-28. I've never seen it go over 58 with orthos running.

With my previous asus mb, my temps were exactly the same as yours. I couldn't get past 3.1 and it wasn't stable at that speed. Metal, have u tried going higher?

Acutally, I stress tested the CPU last night at 3GHz and it failed in about 20 minutes...lol. So I backed the FSB back down to 325. So it's a little over 2.9 right now. 3.0 is the highest I've gone so far. I probably have to up the voltage a little.

I'll try to push it to 3.0 on stock then, what should I set voltage to, 1.27 ? or just keep it stock?

What do you have it set at now? My E6600 has the voltage set at 1.35...that's what it was when I put it in. I never changed it, but everyone else has the voltage really low.

What do you have it set at now? My E6600 has the voltage set at 1.35...that's what it was when I put it in. I never changed it, but everyone else has the voltage really low.

At 3.4ghz, I have my vcore up to 1.46. As far as stability for me...well, one thing lots of guys here wont ever mention is the fact that ambient temps plays a major role when it comes to oc. Some guys will brag and post their #'s but they will never mention ambient temps. Example, since I've oc'd mine to 3.4ghz, orthos won't last but 10 min. Wait, here's the reason why though, I live in bakersfield, CA and it has been very very hot. I'm cheap so I tend to turn on my a/c only at night. So If i'm on the pc during the day, I'm working with ambient temps of 30.5c. So imagine trying to run orthos under those temps? However, my comp has yet to crash or freeze during my pc usage. I consider that stable. Who the he11 runs ortho type apps all day long? Even during video encoding my comp is stable.

My point is this, if I lived in alaska and ran orthos, I guarantee you my pc would handle orthos. Ambient temps is important. Oh, another thing, some guys will post their cpu speed but it's a one time speed. They don't run their pc at those posted speeds 24/7. Just a one time bragging speed.

One last thing, there are several guys here on tech forums that thought I was b.sing.
I went as far as posting a video to prove them that I was at 3.4 with stock hsf.
Anyways, good luck. up your voltage.

Who the he11 runs ortho type apps all day long? Even during video encoding my comp is stable.

One last thing, there are several guys here on tech forums that thought I was b.sing.
I went as far as posting a video to prove them that I was at 3.4 with stock hsf.

Well i 'kinda' do. I do alot of 3D stuff and ive found that rendering is the most cpu intensive thing i can do. I have had my PC orthos stable for an hour, but then 30secs into a render my PC turns off. I was really suprised about this, as i thought orthos was the ultimate intensive program...

And yeah 3.4 is achievable with stock cooling, i mean ive got my quad at 3.3 on stock.

SMP Folding > Than any Stress test application, Video editing software, games or any software or application period..

Plus its medical reasearch....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom