ARGH!! I got the WRONG part!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyCurious

Daemon Poster
Alright, I don't know what I was thinking when I purchased this SONY NEC DVD Burner E-IDE. I wanted a SATA drive... not a E-IDE. I looked for this info all over the internet and couldn't find any comparisons, so I'm asking this forum as a last resort.

Is there a big difference between a E-IDE drive vs. a SATA drive?? Other than the ribbon cable and round cable.... I've already heard about the airflow in the case. I'm more interested in the performance of the two.

Alright, I don't know what I was thinking when I purchased this SONY NEC DVD Burner E-IDE. I wanted a SATA drive... not a E-IDE. I looked for this info all over the internet and couldn't find any comparisons, so I'm asking this forum as a last resort.

Is there a big difference between a E-IDE drive vs. a SATA drive?? Other than the ribbon cable and round cable.... I've already heard about the airflow in the case. I'm more interested in the performance of the two.

one said SATA is faster, another said they are virtually the same performance wise. Where did you order your Sony NEC DVD Burner, I plan to order the same too as well as a sony DVD drive and fear getting E-IDE

from reviews i have read not much diffirence except calbe and price, some say reduced burning speeds of 5 seconds!!!

one said SATA is faster, another said they are virtually the same performance wise. Where did you order your Sony NEC DVD Burner, I plan to order the same too as well as a sony DVD drive and fear getting E-IDE

Got it from Newegg. It tells you what type they are, just order SATA. When I ordered it, I didn't look for some frikkin reason.

I'm also doing IDE for my DVD burner, but I did it on purpose, I didn't think it would make much of a difference. But at least you didn't forget to order your case like I did :(. Looked at my order form and noticed somehow I completely missed it (thought the price seemed different).

I got the SATA version, because of the cable, not because of performance. It just makes it so much easier, to maneuver around, than IDE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom