July 22nd, my rant, a day gone horribly wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
So July 22nd comes around, and I was highly doubtful that the q6600 could reach to its "266" price, but this is just ridiculous. I will definately not shell out any amount of money for a b3 stepping processor, not to mention the b3s are even more expensive then they were before! If I wanted a b3, I would have got it a month ago.

I don't blame a lot of online stores for boosting the prices due to high demand, I blame online stores like newegg for changing the price every 5 mins and then constantly going down. Very unprofessional...not to mention I never expected the demand for quad cores to be so high, I thought everyone was going for the new core 2 duos like the e6750 and such.

There has to be some way ( model number maybe? ) to find out if the q6600 is b3 or g0 stepping. For the q6700 we can find out since the previous b3 6700 was called "qx6700", as wiki puts it: "The formerly available Core 2 Extreme QX6700 was relaunched on July 22nd, 2007 as the Core 2 Quad Q6700, clocked at 2.66 GHz, but it consumes less power than QX6700. The Q6600 is additionally expected to fall in price to US$266 on July 22nd, 2007."

still... I wouldnt go for a q6700 since it seems to be just a q6600 thats factory overclocked...

Guess I can wait a week or maybe even a 2nd week...no rush...

PriceEffect.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6600 / 2.4 GHz ( 1066 MHz )
just for laughs...

does the q6600 have unlocked multipliers like the qx6600?

Nope, the only CPUs that have unlocked multipliers are the extreme editions.
The ones that have an "X' in their model number like QX6850, QX6700 & X6800.
Side Note--> the 'Q' represents Quad-core.

dont blame newegg for going down
do you know how many people were waiting for july 22???
probably hundreds of thousands and then they jumped online and tried to order, this would mess with any online site
amazon goes down too when they have a huge sale like when they were selling the xbox 360s for 100 bucks

if anything blame the people who would sit on newegg and click refresh every minute

dont blame newegg for going down
do you know how many people were waiting for july 22???
probably hundreds of thousands and then they jumped online and tried to order, this would mess with any online site
amazon goes down too when they have a huge sale like when they were selling the xbox 360s for 100 bucks

if anything blame the people who would sit on newegg and click refresh every minute

I CAN blame newegg for changing the price every 15 mins thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom