Intel CPU / Price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know much about it but it's B3 stepping takes more power and runs hotter than g0 stepping. It's being said that G0 will be out on the q6600 soon.

If I'm correct is like a "mini revision" that they make to the CPU so it can run cooler an more efficient.

If I'm correct is like a "mini revision" that they make to the CPU so it can run cooler an more efficient.

actually phanto your almost correct, the g0 stepping isn't a "mini revision" its quite a large one since the letter changes ( by quite a few ), as wiki explains:

"Typically, the first version of a microprocessor comes out with stepping A0. As design improvements occur, later versions are identified by changes in the letter and number. Changes in the number (for example, A3) indicate minor design changes, whilst changes to both the letter and number are made following more extensive changes (for example, B2). Stepping allows consumers and servicers to identify a microprocessor's version."

so do the processors get more expensive if they got better steppings, like a Q6600 with B3 will be cheaper than G0? and if you aren't planning to overclock and have a decent 3rd party heatsink will it actually matter?

yes it should make a good difference. instead of the q6600 getting around 3.2 it should get to 3.6 easy now

E6550 is now $180 on newegg, this processor overclocks very well and at stock it performs as good as 6000+ but E6550 takes much less power !!!

if you bought the C6600 yea its not the G0 steppings but who cares??
besides a few degrees in temperature i doubt you wll see any diference at all, they will both perform the same

are all the new processors e6x50 series all g0 stepping?

(my grammar suxors)
(wow I'm such a noob)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom