What next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indobos

In Runtime
Okay I just completed my PC, Specs in Sig. I found where to increse the FSB. It says I can go from min=200 to max=700. It is default to 266. I am wondering how much I increase this. by 1, 5 10? I have orthos prime 95 everest cpuz to check the system. the cpu's run at 28-32c at idle.

You up it by 10 MHz. Run Orthos overnight for at least 8 hours+.

Wow. this might take some time. can I still use the system while ortho's is running its stress test? also do I run the Blend test?

current from everest sensors:

Field Value
Sensor Properties
Sensor Type ITE IT8718F (ISA 290h)
GPU Sensor Type Analog Devices ADT7473 (NV-I2C 2Eh)
Motherboard Name Gigabyte P35 Series
Chassis Intrusion Detected Yes

Temperatures
Motherboard 39 °C (102 °F)
CPU 36 °C (97 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #1 45 °C (113 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #2 45 °C (113 °F)
GPU [ TRIAL VERSION ]
GPU Diode 57 °C (135 °F)
GPU Ambient 46 °C (115 °F)
Seagate ST3320620SV [ TRIAL VERSION ]

Cooling Fans
CPU 671 RPM
GPU 1592 RPM (60%)

Voltage Values
CPU Core 1.30 V
+3.3 V 3.34 V
+12 V [ TRIAL VERSION ]
+5 V Standby 5.19 V
VBAT Battery 3.07 V
DIMM 1.87 V
GPU Vcc [ TRIAL VERSION ]

these look okay?

cool thanks phuncng_10. Appreciate the help. just a quick question. so I change the 266 to 276? then run orthos? and what is considered stable? running orthos for 8hrs? or is their a designated time? Do I need to increase the cpu voltage at this time?

maybe for the people new to the sport of overclocking heh it is neccessary to test every 5-10 mhz. but i say once you are a little wiser, you can push it up till it wont boot, then back off...THEN stress test. at least once you learn the basics. i'll raise mine 50-60 mhz at a time. sometimes more, after it wont boot....re-set the cmos, enter bios, and raise it up. ie no boot at 340, reset cmos, set clock to 320 and go. i guess it really depends on why it didnt boot... coulda been too much clock, maybe too much ram speed, maybe not enough voltage. so never mind. but i really think that 5-10mhz is ok if you are absolutely clueless. if not, i think it would be okay to run basic tests and make bigger jumps in clock speed before running the big 8-12 hour stability test.

I'm not an expert by any stretch, but I have only done a stress test twice. With help from Nagasama, I was able to keep my ram from reaching too high of speeds. I raised my FSB by incriments of 10 at stock voltage and test it by loading into Windows. I was able to reach 290 FSB with a 9.5 multiplier at stock volt. I couldn't boot windows, but it would post. I raised volts to 1.375 and was able to take FSB to 316*9.5 = 3.0GHz. It loads windows fine, so I have it running Orthos while I'm at work to check stability. It should be able to go a bit further, but I will leave the extra available for ocing my ram.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but raising the FSB won't cause any damage to the cpu. Raising volts too high can fry it. Like Nagasama said, if you jump the FSB in a high incriment, and you don't get a post, there is quite a bit in between that you have to figure to determine the cause. But resetting the cmos should allow you to get back into BIOS and return to your last known stable load and do smaller incriments. Right?

you are correct. you will not damage your cpu raising clock frequency. you may scare yourself a little tho. lol or get tired of restting the cmos.
by the way, yeee-ouch thats a good overclock on stock voltage. even if it is unstable at that voltage, it is unlikely you will have to raise it more than .25V or so to stabilize it. thats what i have found with my 3600...no post, either im past 338 clock speed (shooting for 360 thats 3.4ghz heh heh) or i need a little bump. they run extremely well at low voltage.
good luck with the stress test! let us know how it turns out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom