Multimedia Audio Controller Missing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpkramers

Baseband Member
I updated the bios for my Asus board last night, and now I have a missing "Multimedia Audio Controller" in Device Manager. Everything seems to be working fine, and I actually do have sound. I tried updating the driver for my Sound Blaster Audigy SE card, but it didn't fix it, and Windows can't find anything when it tries. What should I do to get rid of that yellow question mark? See my sig for my system. It is only about 3 weeks old. After updating the bios, I made a few changes such as memory voltage and speed etc, but is there anything in the settings that would effect this? Thanks.

It might be in the optional updates section. There was a bug a while back that messed with the sound card settings and a patch got released for it. Something about generic host processes or something. Can't remember. It only had to be patched if you had downloaded either the bug or another patch or something like that. I'll shut up now. Other than uninstall/reinstall your sound card.

It might be in the optional updates section. There was a bug a while back that messed with the sound card settings and a patch got released for it. Something about generic host processes or something. Can't remember. It only had to be patched if you had downloaded either the bug or another patch or something like that. I'll shut up now. Other than uninstall/reinstall your sound card.

Haha, you're just helping so why do you need to close your mouth? Anyways to the thread starter, uninstall and reinstall your sound card. Also, doesn't sound card usually come with a driver's CD? Did you install the drivers for your sound card? Maybe that could be the problem to fix your missing "Multimedia Audio Controller".

Well... everything was working fine until the bios update. And yes I did install the audio drivers and applications. I did uninstall the drivers and reinstalled them, but I get the same result. It's wierd I have sound though. Should I physically remove the card and try again?

Well I feel like a complete idiot. It all of the sudden hit me as I was removing my sound card, that after the bios update the onboard sound would have been enabled! So I disabled it, and after reinstalling my audio drivers again everything is good again in device manager. Sorry for wasting your time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom