Buying a High Preformance Laptop for college (Budget $4000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your best options is to get both. Get a decent gaming laptop (easily doable for under $1500) and a very good gaming desktop and you'll be much happier. Then you'll have the best of both worlds--school and gaming mobility, plus a monster gaming rig so you can crank up those effects when you get home. Dropping 4 stacks on an ultra high end laptop isn't something I can support. It's too much money for something that'll get outdated too quickly. Plus, what if you drop the darn thing or spill beer on it? Then you're out all that money! ANd don't tell me you're too careful to do that. This is college, **** happens.

all i can say is dont get an alienware unless u like having problems and crappy battery life. i have an area 51 m5550i and it overheats (had to buy a cooler) and it only had an 1.5 hour batt life. id get a dell small business laptop or an acer laptop and then a sweet desktop for gaming and stuff

To put it simply- computers are already a bad (but necessary) investment; laptops, however, are the worst.

um for the laptop i wouldn't spend much more than 700. If you aren't going to game on a laptop, then why spend a lot. Now here's where the gaming comes: desktop
for about 2,000 you could get:
DS3r - motherboard
8800gts 320mb -video card...in about 1 year or so you might want to upgrade to the newer video cards coming out to play games nicely.
2 gigs of ram - this is recommended for gaming these days
atx full tower case - um idk which one it is one's choice, and knowing that you don't have much room, look for one that suits yourself and then post it up here for us to check b4 you buy
620HX corsair - this is a good, reliable psu that has 5 year warranty.
monitor- whatever you want. post up here b4 you buy
keyboard, mouse, speakers POST everyting b4 you buy please.
i would look at newegg for these components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom