X-Bit labs? Trustworthy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
meh, i dunno know that i would trust them explicitly.
i DO know that my HZ's will run faster than 850 with 5-5-5-15 timings.
but, i have the c4 xms2 as well...and i have been saying for some time (since i got the gskill HZ) that the xms2 c4 typically will clock higher than the gskill with the same or tighter timings. 300mhz higher? ummm, not that i know of. but indeed higher. the reason most folks were suggesting gskill i think was that it was so much cheaper than corsair. well, they have remedied that, so really i think the corsair is a better buy...because they cost about the same now.

The one on newegg serial # begins with 0603, which is March 06..am I right? Than that would mean it was using Elpida ICs. I've heard Crucial Ballistix is the way to go, since you can expect to get Micron D9 on them.

The article was using the older one with Elpida, that's probably why they didn't do so well. Check your serial # on the HZ, newer one should do very well since they use the Micron.

here at this forum, the ds3r has been nothing short of spectacular. and for them to put down the hz's i wouldnt say that can be a trustworthy review.

they r good^ but the hz's can get up to 1200 with 5-5-5-15 at 2.2 votls easy

dude...i've never been able to get mine even remotely close to 1200mhz....
1066 maybe with those timings, 1100 with an extra dose of voltage, but totally unstable.
my xms2 could hit 1100mhz with 2.4V and be stable, but man they were hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom