Fx-62

Status
Not open for further replies.
pffft who would go AMD now that theres all these core 2 duo price drops and new processors introduced? I would much rather get e6750 and OC it like no tomorrow.

dude i dont care who says what about intel vs amd....
there is no way anyone can dispute the fact that an fx-62 is an absolutely superb processor.

Just wait for E6750 because this processor can completely destroy FX62, it overclocks better, consume less power, and it will be priced only at only $180

that has nothing to do with the fact that an fx-62 is a kick butt cpu....

FX-62 is an old processor, it was good at its time but today there are much better processors......

the 6750 kicks a little more butt, lol...completely destroy...? MEH.

Here is a benchmark comparing E6750 to 6000+ (which is faster than FX-62)
AnandTech: Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 and Massive Price Cuts

At stock speeds, E6750 is about 15-20% faster than 6000+

In Supreme Commander, E6750 was 33% faster than 6000+, and everyone knows that Supreme Commander is CPU-intensive game and can utilize more the one core. This gives us an idea that in future cpu-intensive and multi-threaded games like crysis, Core 2 duo will perform much better.

And FX-62 has similar speeds to 5600+. So, E6750 can easily kill this processor. Even E6550 kills it. Why should one buy FX-62 when you can get a better processor for the same price ??!!

Not to mention that both E6550 and E6750 overclocks much better and consume much less power..............

Why should one buy FX-62 when you can get a better processor for the same price ??!!
Because one would have to buy a new mobo and completely reinstall Windows and everything else to utilize a C2D...? Good enough reason for me. It will take more than a small speed boost for me to upgrade. well, that and a nice chunk of change.

The Author of the thread didn't say that he will just change the processor of his current mobo !!

I think we need to wait for his respond....

^^thats true^^
like the article maroon posted says, unless you already have an am2 mobo, the c2d is a better choice.
but read the first line of the benchmark....
average 13.5% faster. not 20%....a small point, but a point in any event. certainly not an improvement worth a complete system overhaul. but lets see what darksideleader says about his mobo...
lol crysis? the mysterious crysis....barcelona/kuma will be out by then, proly...
who knows...? it really is all personal preference.

average 13.5% faster. not 20%....a small point, but a point in any event.

You can't compare it like that because many of applications tested are not CPU-intensive nor it utilize 2 cores

For example, most of the games test don't utilize 2 cores. Prey for example doesn't utilize 2 cores, and it is not CPU-intensive. Even if you run prey on Quad core overclocked to 5GHz you will barely see any improvement

If you test E6750 on CPU-intensive application then it will easily kick 6000+ ***

certainly not an improvement worth a complete system overhaul. but lets see what darksideleader says about his mobo...

I didn't know that he already have AMD mobo because he never mentioned that in this thread.....

For example, most of the games test don't utilize core.

exactly

You can(t) compare it like that because many of applications tested are not CPU-intensive nor (does) it utilize 2 cores

i know, but you posted the benchmark, im just using it. why cant we compare it like that? anandtech does.

Even if you run prey on Quad core overclocked to 5GHz you willbarely see any improvement

exactly. which is why i choose amd over intel. im a gamer mostly, and there is little or no difference between my 3600 and a quad core intel on the games i play, and i like amd better. better company overall, better marketing IMO(ie no retarded commercials), better enthusiast base, better support, better case badges lol, and they are not trying to take over the world. note the "games i play" part...there are exceptions to every rule.

If you test E6750 on CPU-intensive application then it will easily kick 6000+ ***
i will give you the point there, at least in supreme commander. but for the most part, 10-15% doesnt qualify as a beat down. a win, yes. but lets say your cpu clock is at 200mhz. you put a 15% overclock on it. 230mhz. big deal? NO. do you even notice the 15%? NO(except in some benchmarks...even if then, BARELY). hopefully that puts it into perspective.

another question....why didnt they measure the frames per second on supreme commander? or did i miss it (really i may have)?
isnt oblivion a cpu intensive game(it may not be, i dont have it)? the difference in the 6750 and the 6000 is a little under 9%. we're talking 9.1 frames per second. thats from 81.6 to 72.5. is that a big deal? lol i think not amigo. has anyone EVER seen an anandtech benchmark that doesnt totally dog-out AMD?

its the same old argument...
the thing is, they show cpu-intesive application benchmarks. intel wins, indeed in most cases. if they decided to show memory-intensive applications, or applications that were more dependent on the communication of memory/processor...we'd be seeing the roles reversed. bet. but that isnt important to many people, certainly not the general public. and apparently, it is not terribly important to amd, because they have their SOLID consumer base, that isnt (and mostly hasnt) going to wash out from under them. but watch what happens IF barcelona comes out and puts a whoopin on c2d. you'll see a lot of changing over. mark my words. amd has loyal customers, something that they have earned thru quality products and service/support. intell has billions of customers that watch t.v. (and like breakdancing) lol. the loyalty isnt really there. how many people do we hear say, "intel is faster, but i am sticking with amd because blah-blah-blah"? A LOT. how many people do we see that say, "if barcelona/kuma comes out and is king, i'm ditching this c2d"? quite a few. its just the difference in the customer base.
that is my rant for the day...i am the official AMD fanboy for a reason.
thank you for your time lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom