First time Building Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The so-dimm's are for notebooks. The pricing is different for Desktop(184pin) vs Notebook(200pin) memory. Notebook memory is generally a little more expensive.

Edit: Post a link to what site you're looking at.

Go with the kingston i have dual kingston ram 1 gig pc 2700 and it works fine very good infact but get the 3200 becasue my friend always loads faster and he has a really slow hd and he loads faster because he has the 3200 its good and that 9600 is a good card but if your ok with nvidia go with the 5700 ultra fx really good card really cheap runs anything.

>> About the case, I noticed that the PSU comes with the case, what about the fans? Do I need to buy the cooling or does it also come with the case?

You can buy extra ones but unless you're running really hot, 3 for the entire PC should be OK.

>>About the memory, the store does not have Corsair brand of ram, is Kingston my best choice next to Corsair? Or should I stick with Corsair and find it elsewhere?

I definitely would suggest Crucial. Their quality is Excellent and their customer service is great.

- The MOBO supports up to 4GB of DDR400, is DDR400 = PC3200? Are they compatible?

>>Since this is my first time building, I am wondering when I am actually building it, should I be wearing some kind of glove instead of bare hand? And what extra cables or tools do I need?

No glove is necessary. Make sure you wear an anti-static wrist band when you're building it. You can go an extra mile and buy a anti-static pad to lay your PC on it while you're building it but i would think you can use a piece of large wood slab laminated so that there's no slivers that can get caught.

The only time you shoudln't wear the wrist band is when you're handling the PSU.

>>Please advice me any hardware I should change in my list. And is 380 W of PSU enough for it?

380 is nowhere enough for your specs. Get atleast 450 wattage - higher if you can afford it.

lavenderAC said:
380 W is not enough??
Where can I get the anti-static wrist band?
Thanks

You can buy these items at any computer shop in your neighborhood. I got the wrist band at my local Microcenter for dirt cheap when they were on sale. You can also shop on-line at well known computer hardware suppliers. www.newegg.com is a good place to start as many people have had good experiences with their custoemr service.

For your power supply, definitely stay away from cheap name brands. Quality units made by Antec, Enermax, Sparkle are all good and it will definitely pay off in the longevity and health of your PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom