cd-rom disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirvana89

In Runtime
One day I noticed that when I put my game in it didn't work. Later I realized that "my computer" no longer showed my cd-rom as existing. What do I do?

If it is not shown under my computer, check the connections. If all connections are fine and it still does not show, try the add hardware function. If that does not turn up your ROM, your CD ROM is probably dead. Things wear out/short out and need to be replaced.

I had a CD Drive that did the same thing. It just ended up being a good excuse to replace it.

Open up your tower and check if the IDE wires are in it's proper place. If they are and not showing, try checking your BIOS to see if it is disabled or not. If it's there and disable then enable it. If it's there and it's enabled then something must be wrong with your optical drive.

Once..that happened to me...on an store bought machine...so I opened it up and noticed both CD-ROMs were set to master...

For some reason it had worked that way for a long time...I set the second to slave and they both began working again.

ok, thx guys. I'll try all of that. The only thing I thought of was to check the wires so I'll do that first then follow with all of your ideas. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom