How long must I wait until CMOS clears?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hookster264

In Runtime
Frustrating:

Trying to clear CMOS by removing the battery requires I wait 2-4 hours before it will clear. Yes I remembered to unplug the psu.

I tried changing the jumpers but it still took 15 minutes.

Does it always take this long?

moving my jumers resets bios instantly so does removing the battery,

What?!....It only should take less than 30 seconds. You take out the battery, then move the jumpers to the clear position, and leave it there for 5-10 seconds. Then you put the jumper back to normal position, and put the battery back, and you're done. Put the side panel on, plug it in, and you're CMOS is cleared.

What?!....It only should take less than 30 seconds. You take out the battery, then move the jumpers to the clear position, and leave it there for 5-10 seconds. Then you put the jumper back to normal position, and put the battery back, and you're done. Put the side panel on, plug it in, and you're CMOS is cleared.

for me its remove the front of the case, slide of the side panel reach in for the jumpers, switch the jumpers, slide the side panel back on, clip the front of the case on and away we go

I remove the battery and wait like 30 minutes, replace, power up and nothing. I removed the battery and switched the jumpers, waited 5 min, switched back, and nothing. Switched jumpers, waited 10 min, nothing. Tried again, but waited 15 min and finally it was reset.

oh yeah i forgot i have to unplug the power before switching the jumper.
by the way, whoever decided the place for the jumper on the evga 590sli should be taken outside and BEATEN. relentlessly.

its at the bottom of the mobo, in a hard place to get to. like, if you have sli'd graphics, like me(or probably even if you didn't)...you have to get a pair of needlenose pliers after it.
i complained to evga about it. lol, i was like, "WTF?? you guys couldn't put it in the middle like SOMEWHERE I COULD ACTUALLY GET TO?!? without a trained monkey or a gremlin or double-jointed wrists, that is!"
tech support at evga...ahhh...those guys LOVE me. really. i think they record my calls so that when i show up with an AK-47 they will have evidence in my trial. lol just kiddin. i love my mobo, but evga needs to oust the noob retards and get some real tech support folks. you know...like...how is it that i know more about your product than YOU? inexcusable, you no rebate givin bastiches. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom