Windows Xp dual core problem...AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
Earlier i mentioned that i reinstalled xp pro and finally my pc showed two cores being used in task manager. But my sound wouldnt work even though the devices were installed and no errors were showing.
This version that i installed was tweaked and i had a feeling that might be the problem so
I installed another xp pro , which was not tweaked at all. And my sound works, but im back to single core.

I know this is illegal, but im only trying to find out if this stuff works then im going to buy my own xp pro cd.

Here is the tweaked version i downloaded:
[removed]

here is the other one where my sound worked but not the other core:
[removed]

any suggestions?

I have a bootleg version of Windows SP2. Can't use Windows Update because I'm going to be needing the verification code. But you should've tried installing your motherboard's driver cd. Probably integrated sound?

i did use my motherboards driver cd. and it showed it installed. The sound icon was on the task bar but no sound.

I might try re insatlling the other bootleg that actually worked and see if i can fix anything. I just dont like the other version because its a performance edition and id rather have the original xp.
well i gotta go have dinner ill try it later.

1. linking to pirated software is against the rules

2. If you are a student, you will be able to get a discounted version of XP.

3. Did you check the device manager to see if it installed properly?

i got it fixed, i didnt do a good clean install.
Well im going to talk to my college work manager on how i can get an xp cd for discounted price.

And my 3dmark06 score is 4433 it bumped from 3970 when i had single core....is that a good increase or should it be more?

i got it fixed, i didnt do a good clean install.
Well im going to talk to my college work manager on how i can get an xp cd for discounted price.

And my 3dmark06 score is 4433 it bumped from 3970 when i had single core....is that a good increase or should it be more?
When I had my 7900 GT, I got around 3900 stock. That was with a single core Sempron.

So that is a good score.

Now you can try some overclocking.

Hey krazyq mind if I ask something in your thread? Well, it's to Apokalipse. While I was running 3Dmark06, around the CPU test 2, my frequency get's changed automatically (I also got a lot of artifacts so I had to run my VGA driver disc to Enable VGA Mode to fix that problem), and my VGA is super hot. About a week ago when I overclocked my VGA to 668/768, ran the Artifact scan and there was nothing. And today, I ran it again, and there was a lot of artifacts. Does this mean that my VGA was too hot? It's at 53C idle and when I play World of Warcraft it goes to a whooping 68C-73C load.

wow you should be lucky.
mine has been idle around 55-60 and 70-85 on load.
I applied as5 a week ago but no change.
Im not sure if i should try addint the paste again?

Hey krazyq mind if I ask something in your thread? Well, it's to Apokalipse. While I was running 3Dmark06, around the CPU test 2, my frequency get's changed automatically
In the CPU test, it uses the CPU to do the rendering instead of the video card. So the video card is probably dropping down to 2D mode, which is set to a lower frequency.

(I also got a lot of artifacts so I had to run my VGA driver disc to Enable VGA Mode to fix that problem), and my VGA is super hot. About a week ago when I overclocked my VGA to 668/768, ran the Artifact scan and there was nothing. And today, I ran it again, and there was a lot of artifacts. Does this mean that my VGA was too hot? It's at 53C idle and when I play World of Warcraft it goes to a whooping 68C-73C load.
Yes, it probably was too hot.

There are four things you can do:
1. get a better cooler
2. get air conditioning for the room you're in
3. run it at lower speeds
4. get a new video card

The Zalman VF900 fits the 7900's and the 7600's.
I overclocked a 7900 GT to 750MHZ using a VF900 and a volt-mod.

So the lower frequency made my monitor go all crazy? But how am I suppose to not let the CPU test get my VGA to a lower frequency or change it to 2D?

And for the VGA, it's a 7600GT that I got a few weeks ago. If you're suggesting to run it at a lower speed, since my VGA is at 668/768 right now, how much do you think I should lower my Core and Mem clocks by?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom