x1950xt vs ps3/xbox360

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyCurious

Daemon Poster
I was just wondering how x1950xt compares to ps3 and xbox360. I know you can't just compare a graphics card to a gaming console... so my real question is: how would my system (down below in green) compare to a ps3 and xbox360?

I hope they're all similar... if my system is below on performance of these two consoles... that's a big bummer :(

that pc is great but the Cell Still pwns the E6750 in floating point calculations.

PS3>HIGH END PC>Xb\/\/aKs

Well if you took say oblivion, then you would get the same quality as a 360, but at higher resolutions.

One of the best thing with PCs is the can display higher res than consoles. But anyway yeh it you could probably get higher frames than a 360 at the same res i would think.

Well if you took say oblivion, then you would get the same quality as a 360, but at higher resolutions.

One of the best thing with PCs is the can display higher res than consoles. But anyway yeh it you could probably get higher frames than a 360 at the same res i would think.

well, if it's better than the xbox360, I'm definitely satisfied... :)

CBE(Cell Broadband Engine) is the processor in the PS3 it was not made by sony but developed by Sony,IBM, Toshiba and some others, it has 8 SPU's(synergestic Processing Units) capable of 2 teraflops of floating point calculations, compared to 360's measly ~1.4 teraflops, PS3 cell is single core with 8 spu's.while the 360 cpu is actually 3 cpus, and ur 6750 is 1 cpu with 2 cores

Cell is ps3 processor, right? Isn't that a 3core processor? Did Sony make that processor?

The cell isnt the same as normal cpus i dont think. It has 7 cores/cells i think, while the 360 has a 3 core 3.2ghz cpu.

Now yes the cell is an amazing chip, however, i dont think it will be put to ful use for a long time, apparently its very hard to code for as it is a very different architecture.

Also floating point processesing is not everything... a 8800GTX has more floating point processing than a quad core...im pretty sure anyway.

not all cpu's are the same

Cell>360>conroe for floating point

general use conroe>cell>360

did i mention you can also use ps3 as a bluray plaeyr media server/linux server, or a linux computer

CBE(Cell Broadband Engine) is the processor in the PS3 it was not made by sony but developed by Sony,IBM, Toshiba and some others, it has 8 SPU's(synergestic Processing Units) capable of 2 teraflops of floating point calculations, compared to 360's measly ~1.4 teraflops, PS3 cell is single core with 8 spu's.while the 360 cpu is actually 3 cpus, and ur 6750 is 1 cpu with 2 cores

So the e6750's fpc is less than 2tf?? I think the last time I checked the q6600's fpc is around 4tf's (but that is 4 cores).... I would think the e6750 would atleast be 2.2tf's...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom