newegg = Q6600 out of stock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive changed my build. i'm going with a GTX also and a EVGA 680i mobo. i had though about getting a QX6700. that depends on if newegg will let me put that on a line of credit or not, if so then imma grab another GTX and a 2nd harddrive ;)

I ask that you strongly consider not to do SLI. My past mobo was a P5N-E mobo and I too planned to one day get a 2nd GTX, then I realized the temps ran ridiculously hot on my single GTX when it was stock ( apparently supposed too... ) and took up a lot of space. Putting 2 GTXs clearly to me was a horrible idea in that it would result in less then a 50% gain and double the heat and space taken up. I don't really see this as feasible to overclock them unless you have water cooling to help with the ambient temperatures and not to mention you can't even put aftermarket coolers if you SLI them because their too close to eachother.

To me its a lot economically better to just get 1 GTX, then 2-4 years down the road just to get a new mobo, processor, and 9 series card ( or 10 if it comes out by that time )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom