60C for motherboard temp good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advancedgeek

Daemon Poster
I don't know but recently i bought this gigabyte ga-965p ds3 which is almost 2 months old and yeah i overclock my cpu and it stays around 60-65C at load but many people are getting like low 30C-40C for their motherboard temps which kinda makes my computer suck. anyways I tried putting full blast aircon and it was a bit cold and my cpu temp dropped to 30C!!!! also motherboard temp to 46C which i still was disappointed. I wonder what makes the motherboard temp so high compared to the cpu which should be higher than the motherboard.

I would say that even though the 60C is on the high side, 46 C for the motherbaord isn't any concern. and since you've dropped the CPU temp i wouldn't worry to much about damaging any components. Just keep a close eye as you overclock the CPU more.

60-65c load? You want to know why the other people's board is around 20 something celcius idle and 40 something celcius load? Thermal paste + CPU cooler = lower temperature. Go buy a tube of MX-1 or AS5 with either a Artic Cooling Freezer 7 (comes with MX-1 so you don't need to buy it) or Tuniq Tower (need to buy MX-1 or AS5 with this CPU fan). Zalman and Vigor would be fine, but it would be a bit more costly.

I have that exact same motherboard, and mine only runs at 31-34*C. My cpu is running at 33*C right now too which I have overclocked from 2.4 to 2.835. It's funny, because after I overclocked my cpu, I noticed that both the motherboard and videocard temps drop by 3-5*.

But yeah, just watch your temps as you keep overclocking it, and you might need to get a better cooling system. Does your case have good airflow? What processor do you have?

hey that 46C is when i have full blast so normally it's like 60C for motherboard and yeah I have a E6320 which i bought almost 2 months ago.

EDIT: oh this is also when it's not overclocked :\ so yeah what could be the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom