what do u guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

weewun

In Runtime
ok, i am looking to build myself a new computer, mainly for gaming, but aslo for uni work etc. (doing a programming course).

this is the build i was thinking on...

----------------------------------------
processors:
Intel Q6600 Core 2 Quad CPU - Cheap at Ebuyer!
or?
Intel E6700 Core 2 Duo CPU - Cheap at Ebuyer!

GFX CARD:
Sapphire Radeon HD 2900 XT 512MB GDDR3 Dual DVI VIVO PCI-E Graphics card

mobo:
DFI LanParty UT ICFX3200T2R/G ATI RD600 Socket 775 PCI-E Crossfire DDR2 ATX

ram:
Corsair 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR2 675MHz/PC2-5400 XMS Memory Non-ECC Unbuffered CL4(4-4-4-12) Heat Spreader Lifetime Warranty

HD:
WD Raptor WD360ADFD 36GB SATA 10KRPM 16MB Cache - OEM

----------------------------------------------

now, im not sure about the processor... is the 2nd one wortht he extra £10?
also, i currently have a 550W PSU, a dvd drive, and 2 HDs i would be hoping to connect, will my PSU have neough to power all this or will i need a bigger one?... the HD shown here would be purely for the OS (which would be vista) i shose the ram merely for the price range and i currently have corsair in my computer and it runs fine (is onyl DDR i have, so i cant transfer it)
also, i was wondering how futureproof the mobo is... will it be easy to upgrade my components in the future?

thanks for this :)

Firstly look at the Gigiabyte P35-DS3R motherboard. Its not crossfire, however, it is pretty much the best single PCIe motherboard out there at the moment for price, performance, overclocking.

As for the cpu go the Q6600 out of those two, its cheaper and its a quad core so there is no comparison really.

For the ram, get nothing less than PC6400, you will want it for that cpu. I would recommend G.Skill, Crucial or OCZ at the moment.

What PSU do you have? 550W is enough, but only if its a good PsU.

A cheaper option than the Raptor would be to get two Seagate 7200.10 drives and raid them, plus you would get more space.

ok, how about this?
-------------------
ram:
OCZ 2GB DDR2 Memory - Cheap at Ebuyer!

MOBO:
Gigabyte GA-945P-DS3 Socket 775 I945P onboard audio ATX
----------------------------

i couldnt find the mobo u were speaking of on that website... is that one close?

i cant remember what make my PSU is, iv never had any problems with it yet, and its currently running a P4 2.8Gz and 128mp radeon card with the rest of my stuff...

also, is raiding 2 HDs better than a raptor? im not sure how i would go about doing this, so would it be worth the hassel? l have plenty storage on my current HD's when i put them in too, and would it be that much cheaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom