Why wide screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darsunt

In Runtime
We recently got a wide screen monitor. Because it is wider than it is tall, desktops and pictures are distorted.

My wife says that's the way it's supposed to be. I don't see the sense in it. So what is the purpose of having a screen much wider than it is high?

How is the pictures distorted? Did you set the resolution correctly? Pictures? Wider screens are for gaming and entertainment.

The proportion is off. The faces are wider (fatter) then they are supposed to be. Everything is wider in proportion to the height than they were in the original picture. Which one would expect if you place a fairly square picture and stretch it over a long rectangle.

Those video games, do they adapt to the wide screen and keep the figures proportional?

It looks terrible to me. But wife insists that distortion is correct and the only problem is the correct resolution. I don't see the sense in it, but there are lots of wide screens out there so there must be a reason.

certain ws monitors should be set to a certain resolution for example when i bought my lg ws i had the same problem as u everything was pixelated and fat untill i changed to the correct resolution of 1440x900

wat is the model and make of ur monitor ??

Perhaps wife was correct....?

Its a Samsung 941 BW 19 inch ws. I looked at the specs in newegg and it says recommended resolution is 1440 X 900 just like yours.

Opening properties for desktop, and then settings, there's a sliding control under 'screen resolution', but the setting go 1400 X 1050, ect. We can't make them 1440 X 900. Is the fix on the CD that comes with the monitor?

What video card does the computer have?

Perhaps your video card is holding you back. Or download the latest drivers and software for your particular card.

It's funny that he mentiones that images are distorted and don't look right. You'd be surprise how many people buy these widescreen monitors or tv's and think it's absolutely normal for the images to be 'distorted'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom