Ok...I think I got my final parts picked out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
and Im getting the C version of the gigabyte mobo, ddr3 and penryn support for just 30 bucks aint too shabby, makes it a lot more future proof

C version only has ddr3 support over the regular p35-ds3r. They both support penryn. So $30 for ddr3 isn't worth it IMO.

and Im getting the C version of the gigabyte mobo, ddr3 and penryn support for just 30 bucks aint too shabby, makes it a lot more future proof

Getting a ddr3 board now DOESN'T make it futureproof. As with all new formats, improvements will be made to make it better and faster. This means that the northbridge and the chipsets of the future will be made to tailor the changes. If you get a ddr3 board now, you stuck with that chipset. Newer chipsets which works better with ddr3 would not be on your board in the future because it is not made yet. This is why a ddr3 board isn't futureproof.

Getting a ddr3 board now DOESN'T make it futureproof. As with all new formats, improvements will be made to make it better and faster. This means that the northbridge and the chipsets of the future will be made to tailor the changes. If you get a ddr3 board now, you stuck with that chipset. Newer chipsets which works better with ddr3 would not be on your board in the future because it is not made yet. This is why a ddr3 board isn't futureproof.

I think.... GABB believes the regular p35-ds3r doesn't support Penryn, WHICH IT DOES. They BOTH do. So get the regular p35-ds3r for the better bang for the buck!!!!

I know xD. You were the first one to...so therefore you recieve a cookie. *gives peter a cookie* enoy xD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom