WD 150gb Raptor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Difolo

In Runtime
I just bought a 150gb SATA raptor HDD in hopes of repairing my computer. I am totally new when it comes to SATA, Ive been working with IDE my whole life, so I just had a few questions about these jumper settings. Could anyone explain these jumper settings a bit more indetail (i.e what it does), the manual gives very little info.

SSC Enabled - Spread spectrum clocking enabled

PM2 Enabled - PM2 enabled, controlled spinup via spinup command.

OPT1 Enabled - 150 Mb/s data transfer speed enabled.

This drive is going to be my master drive, so which setting should I use for the jumper? Im assuming OPT1?

What do you mean by "in hopes of repairing my computer"? What happened to it? I'm just wondering so yeah. Well anywho, I think it is suppose to be master already.

Just leave it at the default setting, there's no need for jumper setting on SATA and plug it into port 0. The only time I can think of it is when you buy a SATAII and your motherboard only support SATAI, then you need to set the jumper on the SATAII hard drive so it would work.

Oh sorry what I meant by in hopes of repairing my computer is I believe the primary IDE port on my mobo died. So Im hoping to get around that with a SATA interface.

Oh sorry what I meant by in hopes of repairing my computer is I believe the primary IDE port on my mobo died. So Im hoping to get around that with a SATA interface.

Oh got you now since you explained it more clearly. Well when I bought my Seagate 300GB S-ATA there was a jumper, and I took it off because it was the settings to increase the data search to 3.0gb/s.

Ya I gotta get a seagate for my slave, this 150 wont do me much good, but its fast! This WD just chewed through windows XP setup in a maybe just over 1-2 minutes.....if that. I love it! Gotta get another and Raid 0!

Sorry I meant formatting the Drive, not quick version and doing whatever windows does in 1-2 mins, not a complete xp install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom