Ok...I think I got my final parts picked out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnageX

Private Joker,
Staff member
Well, here's what I have for a final list I believe now:

Revised:
Case: FRYS.com | Antec 900 (anybody know if this'll go back down to about $90 like it was anytime soon?)
Mobo: Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
CPU: e6750 (when it gets on Newegg, hopefully it'll be on there soon >_>)...
HS/F: Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - Retail (most likely w/ some Newegg.com - Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound - OEM, if you guys recommend it?)
RAM: Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
GPU: Newegg.com - EVGA 320-P2-N811-AR GeForce 8800GTS 320MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail
HDD's:
1- 320GB SeaGate Barracuda SATA-II (already have it)
2- Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600JS 160GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM (going to use STRICTLY for HDD image backups).
PSU: 500w Antec SmartPower (already have it)
Optical Drives:
1- Lite-On CD-RW/DVD-Rom Drive (already have)
2- Lite-On DVD±R/RW DL Drive (already have)
OS: Thinking about getting XP Home, but not sure if I should get Retail or OEM?

Well, that's what I've been looking at over for about the past month or so now. Any advice on parts?

*looks it up on Newegg* Cuz last I looked at it on Newegg, it was higher priced than the MSI lol. May change to the Gigabyte P35-DS3R then...

*looks it up on Newegg* Cuz last I looked at it on Newegg, it was higher priced than the MSI lol. May change to the Gigabyte P35-DS3R then...

the one you have is like $149.... p35ds3r is like $129... unless you want ddr3 compatible then it's $159. Go with the p35ds3r.

Yeah, I just looked it up. But I said, the last time I looked at it, the P35 was higher in price than the P6N, I believe.

Yeah, I just looked it up. But I said, the last time I looked at it, the P35 was higher in price than the P6N, I believe.

but the p35 was the best value mobo of currently of all time, has best overclocks and if your not going to SLI then the P6N is useless

Eight P35-DDR2 Motherboards Compared | Tom's Hardware

and Im getting the C version of the gigabyte mobo, ddr3 and penryn support for just 30 bucks aint too shabby, makes it a lot more future proof

Ah, does it? I had read people putting paste on there as well with the pad too, so I figured I'd get some. But if I don't need it...I won't get it xD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom