TF Advanced Section Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
when i first cme here i made a few stupid posts but im getting better but alot of this stuff i already know, if there was a section about advanced stuff i could learn more, im only 14 but im quite mature so i don't think u should try to make this for more experienced people. I would like an invite if u do make this section

when i first cme here i made a few stupid posts but im getting better but alot of this stuff i already know, if there was a section about advanced stuff i could learn more, im only 14 but im quite mature so i don't think u should try to make this for more experienced people. I would like an invite if u do make this section

I agree with this.

Sure i have no problem with it being Invite only, but i beleive there will a tendancy to only invite older people, and people that are Advanced overclockers already. Instead people should be invited by personality, tendency to listen and learn, and to help others.

People see people like me and luke and think '14, RUNN he's immature' It's quite annoying, as it's not the case usually.

I think you need to invite the kind of people that upgrade there pc's regurlarly, and would like and be willing to learn more advanced stuff - but are not necesarily at the advanced level.

It would only take a few weeks for someone visiting an 'advanced' section daily to grasp the basics and be able to help newcomers. I am not posting this because i wan't to be part of this section if it does get created - because i rarely upgrade my pc as my 3 other hobbies (see below) (and the 4th and 5th soon) take up all my funds, and leave PC upgrading (unfortunately) at the bottom of my list of things to do, but i am saying this for other people in the same boat as me on this forum.

Oreo,

Sorry but what?

It would only take a few weeks for someone visiting an 'advanced' section daily to grasp the basics and be able to help newcomers.

This is so not true. Just look at Windows. How can you say in just a few weeks that someone could learn to help in the Advanced area. I have been studing Windows for years now and i still dont have a full grasp on every error that can come up. How will a new person be able to help within a few weeks?

This doesnt even bring into account Linux or OS X. What about Audio? Sorry but it takes a little more than a few weeks to get to know the advanced stuff. Even with using XP for 7 years now i still encounter new questions everyday that are difficult to answer. That is just XP not including trying to solve the Vista issues that come up.

Age doesnt make a difference. We shown this when we asked Vern to be a Mod. We do not take age into consideration. We take knownledge. It will take much longer than a few weeks to know much of the advnced stuff for anyone to help.

But that is my opinion and from my years of experience doing online tech support. What do i know...

Cheers,
Mak

Woooo ! hold up.

Learning windows, is WAY WAY harder than learning modding and overclocking, i wouldn't be that dumb - i thought we were talking about overclocking here...

Woooo ! hold up.

Learning windows, is WAY WAY harder than learning modding and overclocking, i wouldn't be that dumb - i thought we were talking about overclocking here...

Well this thread did start over 3 years ago....

But even so it wasnt just overclocking. It was also colling methods and such. Not to mention this goes way beyond just that now. Also considering that some of this has already been implemented...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom