how/should I overclock my video card ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

illnastyimpreza

In Runtime
I've got a 128MB AGP Radeon 9800 , 378mhz GPU clock speed,

would I see any benefits from overclocking it ?

what exactly does overclocking do ?

would it help reduce graphic lag in Everquest 2 ?

Download and run ATI Tool and follow these steps. Find your max Core and memory clocks and then lower it by 10MHz, to be safe. Remember to run Artifact Scan to see if there is any problem. If there are artifacts, then lower it by 5-10MHz, until it becomes stable, and you see no artifacts, at all.

You would see a change in speed once you overclock your VGA. Your FPS would be higher then stock performance and it'll work better. Overclocking just helps your components run at a better performance then it is when you first buy it.

what is artifact scan ? where can I find it ?

I'm installing the latest drivers from ATI now... hopefully it comes with the tool

It should be under Find Max Mem. But run the Find Max Core first. When it's stable, you will not see anything in the 3D View except for the cube. If it's unstable you should hear beeping sounds and there would be some dots or lines in the 3D View. That's when you stop your Find Max Core and follow the steps I just told you in my previous post. Do the same with Find Max Mem.

**** I'm having problems installing the new drivers and the catalyst... it won't run when the computer reboots... it gives me the error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom