GUIDE: Recomended Builds

Status
Not open for further replies.
ppl here don't read... he said clearly he'll update it......
I can't read? O RLY?
Not only is he unable to edit his original post after a certain time, the numbers and everything change frequently from time to time. That means he will have to pester a moderator or something to change it.

But hey, if you think it's a good idea to make sure that your 30~ products are correctly priced all the time, go for it.

I can't read? O RLY?
Not only is he unable to edit his original post after a certain time, the numbers and everything change frequently from time to time. That means he will have to pester a moderator or something to change it.

But hey, if you think it's a good idea to make sure that your 30~ products are correctly priced all the time, go for it.

Of course prices change slightly day to day. The point is not to have a 100% accurate price all the time. But to give a very close idea of the prices. Many of the other Guides, such as the graphics card rankings have been updated regularly without a problem. If mods feel its to much trouble then thats fine. I only made this to try and help future builders. Regardless, theres not need to get all plssy because you didn't read the original post and are only now, making these defensive comments.

I think this is a great idea and it's good of you to volunteer to keep it as up to date as reasonably possible. If for some reason in the future you had to take a trip or go for some reason it would be good if you could find a backup volunteer. Trust me, noobs will continue to ask questions on new builds but this way at least they could do a bit of research first and have a quick reference guide.

I also think this is great, it was the first thing I looked for when I found this forum, but instead I just read everyone elses check out my new build threads and learnt what I could from them. AVSforums in their HTPC forum has something similar that gets updated. You will still have a lot of "tell me about my build" posts... (like the one I posted today, ha!) but I believe the stickie with a few different basic builds would be a great addition to all the helpful info on this forum.

Dale

as long as its updated at least once a month it should be good i rekon. and if hes willing to do it himself, so much the better.

So, I'll allow you guys to debate over whether or not this is a good idea, but something that was brought to my attention while looking over the excel sheet he created is that one of the formulas is messed up. I have yet to go through the rest of them, but generally when something is messed up, it's more likely other things are as well.

I digress. In the $1,500-$1,600 section of the excel sheet, the total is wrong in cell C23. In the SUM formula, he accidentally forgot to add in the Tuniq Tower to the total. So, click on the cell C23 and where it says C5:C18, change C18 to C21 and it will now include the Tuniq Tower in the price and the total in C23 will also be automatically updated.

Very minor, but just thought I'd let some people know so they aren't confused after they add everything to their cart and it's $60 more expensive than in the excel sheet.

In my opinion, this is why wish lists work better. They keep the price automatically updated along with the running total (excluding shipping unless you add it to the cart just to see). But an excel sheet is definitely a sure-fire way to neatly show what parts are being purchased and where from to fellow PC builders or just for yourself. You just have to make sure the prices and totals are correct almost daily.

I think this is a great idea and it's good of you to volunteer to keep it as up to date as reasonably possible. If for some reason in the future you had to take a trip or go for some reason it would be good if you could find a backup volunteer. Trust me, noobs will continue to ask questions on new builds but this way at least they could do a bit of research first and have a quick reference guide.

lmfao since when do noobs do any research...?
they think we know everything...how many times have we seen posts like this:

"hey guys i want to overclock my ram and am wondering how fast i can make it go..? and how i go about doing it."

thats it. no system specs. no nothing. like we are mind reader super-swamis lol lol lol.

hmmmm...lemme consult my crystal ball....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom