Can't install CPU FAN!! Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I had an idea I tried to switch the direction of my fan. On the instructions it said put it on so that the air is flown so that it can be taken out by the outtake fans. I did that but the fan was so close to the video card it was actually touching it.

So I tried to rotate it 180 degrees and now it's the other way around. It seems to look better this way and not at all close to the videocard. But wouldn't the hot air from the heatsink make the video card be even hotter?

Also, the little lever is in such a tight place I can't access it. Will I have to take everything out?

How do you add pics here?

Looking at your images, the heatsink fan is not in the optimal position. Currently, air is blowing down through the heatsink and onto the graphics card. If you can, turn it 90 degrees clockwise so that air is blowing down through the heatsink and towards the two rear exhaust fans.

It's really a tight fit :freak:.

If you're having problems accessing the lever, you can configure the Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro so that the lever is on the other side.

I'll tell you why.. the little bracket thing on which the heatsink clips on is screwed in that way, such that the hooks for the clips are parallel to the video card.

And if I position it so that the fan is facing the video card then the fan literally touches the video card, it's that close to it.

It's going to be such a stretch to take everything out and then do it. And even then what if it doesn't happen. I didn't build this one myself so I don't know all the connections and everything.

What should I do now.. guys???

Is the way I have it now.. is that not good for the video card?

if it isn't I'm just thinking about sending this back and putting back my oem or just buying another "smaller" fan.

What should I do now.. guys???

Is the way I have it now.. is that not good for the video card?

if it isn't I'm just thinking about sending this back and putting back my oem or just buying another "smaller" fan.

I think that's a wise idea.

So you do think it would be bad for the videocard if I keep it the way it is?

and:

What about thermal grease? should I just use the thermal grease that is left on by this heatsink when I put my old one back on?

So you do think it would be bad for the videocard if I keep it the way it is?

and:

What about thermal grease? should I just use the thermal grease that is left on by this heatsink when I put my old one back on?

No, clean it off with rubbing alcohol and buy a tube of AS5 or MX-1.

And... should I not try more and see if it will somehow fit? is it really bad that the hot air will flow right on to the videocard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom